It makes sense that you want to support your country and keep some jobs locally.
So, we thought we’d help you out by putting together a list of the best USA made dog beds.
Some beds are made in the USA with imported materials, whilst others have most of the bed materials sourced in the USA and the bed assembled or crafted in the US too – but we make sure to tell you exactly what the deal is!
Let’s take a look!
(NOTE: this is a general information guide only, and is not professional advice, or a substitute for professional advice. A qualified vet or animal expert is the only person qualified to give you expert advice in regards to your pet/s)
A List Of The Best USA/American Made Dog Beds
Orthopedic 7 Inch Thick Dog Beds
Big Barker Orthopedic 7 Inch Foam Dog Bed – All foam & zippers made in the USA (according to Big Barker’s website – in a workshop in Pennsylvania), and beds are handcrafted in California
- Big Barker Headrest Edition Orthopedic Pillow Dog Bed (on Chewy)
- Big Barker 7 Inch Orthopedic Dog Bed (on Amazon) – (7 Inch thick American made therapeutic foam dog bed. Available in up to the largest Giant size, which is a 60 inch long x 48 inch wide sized bed. For large and Giant sized dogs.)
Bagel Dog Beds
Majestic Pet Bagel Dog Bed With Bolster (on Amazon) – Beds are designed and assembled in the USA with imported materials
Bolster Dog Beds
Dog Bed King USA Cuddler Nest Pet Beds (on Amazon) – Made In America By Dog Bed USA
Outside Raised/Elevated Dog Beds
Kuranda Dog Beds – Beds are manufactured in the USA and Kuranda is based in Glen Burnie, Maryland
- PVC Frame – Kuranda PVC Dog Bed on Amazon
– Available with Kuranda Reversible Fleece Pad (on Amazon)
- Aluminium Frame (Chew Resistant) – Kuranda Aluminium Dog Bed (on Amazon)
– Also available with Kuranda Reversible Fleece Pad (on Amazon)
Dog Bed Brands That Make A Range Of Different Types Of Dog Beds
Mammoth Outlets Mattress Dog Bed (on Amazon) – Manufacture a range of types of dog beds in the USA, with no offshore manufacturing. They use USA/Canada made materials
Buddyrest Memory Foam Dog Bed (on Amazon) – Manufacture a range of dog beds made 100% in the USA.
West Paw Heyday Dog Bed (on Amazon) – Manufacture a range of dog beds in Bozeman, Montana.
Jax and Bones Ripple Velour Napper Dog Bed (on Amazon) – Design and manufacture a range of dog beds in California.
Orvis Deep Dish Dog Bed (on Amazon) – Make a range of dogs beds made in the USA.
Snoozer Luxury Cozy Cave (on Amazon) – Made a range of dog beds manufactured by ODONNELL INDUSTRIES, INC. a South Carolina Corporation. Products are made to order
American Made Dog Beds: Reviews
Big Barker Dog Bed
You can check out a review of the Big Barker 7 Inch dog bed here.
Majestic Pet Products Dog Bed
You can check out a review of the Majestic Pet Products dog bed here.
Dog Bed King USA Cuddler Nest Dog Bed
- A soft bolster dog bed that comes in a range of sizes and a range of colors.
- The largest size has a sleeping area of 36 x 26″.
- Has an easy to remove outer cover that is washable.
- The inner lining of this bed is soft wool and the base is 2 inches of foam.
Mammoth Outlets Dog Beds
You can check out some Mammoth dog bed reviews here.
Buddyrest Dog Beds
You can check out some Buddyrest dog bed reviews here.
West Paw Dog Beds
- West Paw make a range of dog beds
- Their Heyday Dog Bed in particular is a mattress type flat dog bed with bolsters on the outside
- It comes in a range of sizes and colors, up to an X Large size that measures 46″x32″
- It has a soft but durable cover that is removable and washable, and a microsuede bottom
- The downside to the West Paw is that it has little padding
Jax and Bones Dog Beds
Check out the Jax and Bones dog bed reviews here.
Orvis Dog Beds
Check out the Orvis dog bed reviews here.
Snoozer Dog Beds
Check out a review of the Snoozer Cozy Cave here.
American Made Dog Beds: Buyer’s Guide
What Exactly Are American Or USA Made Dog Beds?
Some dogs beds will have ‘made on the USA’ somewhere in the product description, on the product label or as a claim by the bed brand.
This could means a number of things including but not limited to:
- the dog bed materials are imported, and the beds are put together and shipped from the USA
- the bed materials are sourced from the USA, and the beds are put together in the USA
- the materials AND/OR the making of the dog bed is done partially in the USA or somewhere offshore
Where Can I Find Out More About The Materials and Manufacturing Process Of The Dog Beds?
There’s two good ways to do this:
- Get on the bed company’s website and check out the product description of the dog bed, or the ‘About’ or ‘Company’ or ‘FAQ’ section of their website. This should tell you where and how the beds are made
- Contact the company directly either via email or phone
Orthopedic Dog Beds Made In The USA
An example of an orthopedic dog bed partially made in the USA is the Big Barker dog bed.
All foam & zippers on the Big Barker beds are made in the USA, and beds are handcrafted in California
Organic and Eco Friendly Dog Beds Made In The USA
Some examples of either organic or eco friendly dog beds made in the USA might be:
- Majestic Pet Beds – Filled with recycled Polyester Fiber-fill that is great for the environment
- West Paw Dog Beds – Stuffed with eco-friendly IntelliLoft
Waterproof Dog Beds Made In The USA
The Big Barker dog bed comes with the option of internal waterproof liners:
If you are interested in reading more about waterproof dog beds, and dog bed liners you can do so here:
Washable Dog Beds Made In The USA
Most of the dog beds on this list have a removable and washable outer cover. But, you can also read more about washable dog beds here:
TheDailyShep.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc., or its affiliates.
Additionally, TheDailyShep.com participates in various other affiliate programs, and we sometimes get a commission through purchases made through our links.
TheDailyShep.com are not veterinarians, or animal professionals/experts. Information provided is for informational purposes only – it is not a substitute for professional or qualified advice.
The information is based on either our own thorough research, and/or own experiences, as a means of free speech.
By consuming this information, you accept that TheDailyShep.com do not have client or patient relationship with you, and TheDailyShep.com are not advising you to act on anything you read.
You should always consult your own veterinarian, animal expert, or health care professional and follow their advice before making decisions on all matters.
You can find our full set of disclaimers and T & C’s in the footer of this site.
Enjoy your reading, and thank you for being here