From our experience, dog beds that are easy to clean, and won’t smell or stink, have two things in common:
1. They have some level of waterproofing on the bed – either liners or covers, or are made of permeable fabric that doesn’t collect liquid like urine
2. They are easy to wash – either they are fully machine or water washable, or you can throw an external bed cover from the bed in the wash, so you can get rid of diarrhea, vomit & other stinky doggy smells
In this guide, we’ve put together a list of information relating to some of the best dog beds that are easy to clean, won’t smell or stink, and meet this criteria.
Let’s take a look at them!
(NOTE: this is a general information guide only, and is not professional advice, or a substitute for professional advice. A qualified vet or animal expert is the only person qualified to give you expert advice in regards to your pet/s)
Dog Beds That Are Easy To Clean & Won’t Smell Or Stink
Most dog beds are quite easy to run a vacuum over to get rid of surface level hairs and dirt.
However, for a clean that will leave the bed looking and smelling fresh and adequate to keep in your house, you’ll need some more protection and better washing options than that.
That’s where these features come in handy:
Elevated Dog Beds
Mainly because these beds are made of thin fabrics and don’t have covers and foam like regular beds.
- K&H Pet Products Elevated Dog Bed (on Chewy)
- K&H Pet Products Original Pet Cot Elevated Pet Bed (on Amazon) (Raised bed. Available up to an X Large size, for dogs up to around 150 lbs)
- Coolaroo Steel-Framed Elevated Dog Bed (on Chewy)
- Coolaroo Elevated Pet Bed (on Amazon) (Raised bed. Available up to a Large size, for dogs around 100lbs)
- Frisco Steel-Framed Elevated Dog Bed (on Chewy) – Available in up to a 51.6 x 31.8 inch size bed. For dogs as big as 85lbs.
Dog Beds With Removable Covers & Waterproof Liners
Removable outer covers can be thrown in the wash, and waterproof liners protect the foam inside.
- PetFusion Ultimate Lounge Orthopedic Bolster Cat & Dog Bed w/Removable Cover (on Chewy) (Larger Sizes), or PetFusion Ultimate Lounge Orthopedic Bolster Cat & Dog Bed w/Removable Cover (on Chewy) (Smaller Sizes)
- PetFusion Ultimate Dog Bed With Memory Foam (on Amazon) (Bed with bolster edges. Several sizes available, but, available as big as a XXL size bed, with inner dimensions of 42 inches long by 33 inches wide, and a 6 inch memory foam base. Designed for dogs up to 200lbs. Has a water resistant removable and washable cover, and a waterproof inner liner to protect memory foam)
- PupLounge™ Memory Foam Dog Bed & Topper (on Paw.com) (Bed with bolster edges. Several sizes available, but, largest size available is Giant, with inner dimensions of 43″ L x 35″ W inside the bolsters. Has a 2 inch or 4 inch memory foam base depending on the size ordered (has a 10 year guarantee on the foam not to flatten). Has a waterproof memory foam liner. Comes with a faux fur topper which is interchangeable/removable, and washable.
- Big Barker Headrest Edition Orthopedic Pillow Dog Bed (on Chewy)
- Big Barker 7 Inch Orthopedic Dog Bed (on Amazon) – (7 Inch thick American made therapeutic foam dog bed. Available in up to the largest Giant size, which is a 60 inch long x 48 inch wide sized bed. For large and Giant sized dogs.)
- [You have to buy a liner separately with the Big Barker]
Washable Dog Beds
You can read more about the best washable dog beds in this guide.
Washable dog beds are either:
- Fully machine washable – you can throw the whole bed in the wash
- Partially machine washable – you can throw the liners or covers in the wash and wipe the mattress with a damp cloth
- Or, int he case of the metal and fabric beds, you can simply wipe them down with a damp cloth, or spray them down with a hose outside
Removable Waterproof Dog Bed Liners and Covers
You can read more about the best waterproof Dog Bed Liners and Covers in this guide.
Waterproof liners go underneath the external cover of a dog bed.
Waterproof covers on the other hand go over the dog bed entirely and can be washed.
It might seem counterintuitive, but the best liners and covers absorb the liquid so they catch it and it doesn’t get on your pet or the floor.
Their soft lining also means they don’t crinkle and make lots of noise when your dog moves on them.
TheDailyShep.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc., or its affiliates.
Additionally, TheDailyShep.com participates in various other affiliate programs, and we sometimes get a commission through purchases made through our links.
TheDailyShep.com are not veterinarians, or animal professionals/experts. Information provided is for informational purposes only – it is not a substitute for professional or qualified advice.
The information is based on either our own thorough research, and/or own experiences, as a means of free speech.
By consuming this information, you accept that TheDailyShep.com do not have client or patient relationship with you, and TheDailyShep.com are not advising you to act on anything you read.
You should always consult your own veterinarian, animal expert, or health care professional and follow their advice before making decisions on all matters.
You can find our full set of disclaimers and T & C’s in the footer of this site.
Enjoy your reading, and thank you for being here