When looking for the best dog bed that won’t flatten or pancake over time, strong, supportive, but comfortable bed foam is an important feature to look for.
Some dog beds contain bed foam, but the foam is poor quality and eventually after a few months or a year it ends up sinking the the spot of the bed your dog places most of their weight.
This can be a big issue for larger dogs.
The dog bed from Big Barker we identify in this guide is the best dog bed we’ve found that won’t flatten, if that’s one of your main priorities.
Let’s take a closer look at it!
(NOTE: this is a general information guide only, and is not professional advice, or a substitute for professional advice. A qualified vet or animal expert is the only person qualified to give you expert advice in regards to your pet/s)
Best Dog Bed That Won’t Flatten Or Pancake Over Time
Our top picks for the best dog beds that both have a guarantee that their foam won’t flatten over at least the first 10 years are:
- Big Barker Headrest Edition Orthopedic Pillow Dog Bed (on Chewy)
- Big Barker 7 Inch Orthopedic Dog Bed (on Amazon) – (7 Inch thick American made therapeutic foam dog bed. Available in up to the largest Giant size, which is a 60 inch long x 48 inch wide sized bed. For large and Giant sized dogs.)
- PupLounge™ Memory Foam Dog Bed & Topper (on Paw.com) (Bed with bolster edges. Several sizes available, but, largest size available is Giant, with inner dimensions of 43″ L x 35″ W inside the bolsters. Has a 2 inch or 4 inch memory foam base depending on the size ordered (has a 10 year guarantee on the foam not to flatten). Has a waterproof memory foam liner. Comes with a faux fur topper which is interchangeable/removable, and washable.
Another good option may be the:
- PetFusion Ultimate Lounge Orthopedic Bolster Cat & Dog Bed w/Removable Cover (on Chewy) (Larger Sizes), or PetFusion Ultimate Lounge Orthopedic Bolster Cat & Dog Bed w/Removable Cover (on Chewy) (Smaller Sizes)
- PetFusion Ultimate Dog Bed With Memory Foam (on Amazon) (Bed with bolster edges. Several sizes available, but, available as big as a XXL size bed, with inner dimensions of 42 inches long by 33 inches wide, and a 6 inch memory foam base. Designed for dogs up to 200lbs. Has a water resistant removable and washable cover, and a waterproof inner liner to protect memory foam)
Best Dog Bed That Won’t Flatten Or Pancake Over Time: Reviews
Big Barker 7 Inch Orthopedic Foam Dog Bed
When it comes to the highest quality dog bed on the market, the Big Barker sits at or near the top of that list.
The reason we rated it as the best dog bed that won’t flatten is because as of 2017, it offers a 10 year guarantee.
The foam will retain 90% of original shape & loft for 10 years, or you get your money back.
We couldn’t find any other beds that offer this type or length of guarantee.
In terms of the foam itself , it is made of solid foam. There’s 2 inches of comfort foam, 3 inches of support foam and another 2 more inches of comfort foam – for a total of 7 inches of foam support and comfort.
It comes in 3 sizes up to a Giant size which measures 60 L x 48 W x 7 D inches.
Great for extra large and giant breeds.
KOPEKS Orthopedic Memory Foam Dog Bed
This is another 7 inch orthopedic foam dog bed, but a cheaper option.
Many of the dog owners who purchase this bed have said the bed performs well and doesn’t sink or flatten in spots over time, even for bigger and heavier dogs.
The thing about this bed is that it’s not clear where the foam is made – overseas in China or in the USA.
Additionally, it doesn’t seem that KOPEKS offers the same 10 year guarantee that Big Barker does.
If you’re on more of a budget, this is probably a better option and to be honest a pretty good option. But, for guaranteed quality and durability, the Big Barker is our pick.
Best Dog Bed That Won’t Flatten Or Pancake Over Time: Buyer’s Guide
What Types Of Dog Beds Are Less Likely To Flatten Over Time?
The high quality orthopedic and memory foam dog beds are less likely to flatten over time, compared to say poor quality foam beds of the dog beds that are just cotton or polyester stuffing inside.
High quality foam beds have these common characteristics:
- The foam is solid foam and not shredded foam
- The foam is made in the USA and not overseas
- The foam is high quality support and comfort foam (for example H10 Comfort Foam and H45 Support Foam), and not just general foam
How Do I Make Sure The Dog Bed I Buy Will Keep It’s Shape and Not Flatten?
Apart from looking into what sort of foam is in the bed, and where it’s made, the best thing you can do is get a guarantee on the bed that it will keep it’s shape.
Big Barker is one of the few companies that offers that type of guarantee – Bully Beds is another.
But, of course, you will have to weigh this up against the budget you have. You might see it as worth it to you to get a cheaper dog bed, take that risk that it keeps it’s shape, and get another one in a few years if it doesn’t.
TheDailyShep.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc., or its affiliates.
Additionally, TheDailyShep.com participates in various other affiliate programs, and we sometimes get a commission through purchases made through our links.
TheDailyShep.com are not veterinarians, or animal professionals/experts. Information provided is for informational purposes only – it is not a substitute for professional or qualified advice.
The information is based on either our own thorough research, and/or own experiences, as a means of free speech.
By consuming this information, you accept that TheDailyShep.com do not have client or patient relationship with you, and TheDailyShep.com are not advising you to act on anything you read.
You should always consult your own veterinarian, animal expert, or health care professional and follow their advice before making decisions on all matters.
You can find our full set of disclaimers and T & C’s in the footer of this site.
Enjoy your reading, and thank you for being here