When looking at the top orthopedic memory foam dog beds, especially for big/large dogs, it can be hard to figure out which one should buy.
That’s why we put together this comparison guide of the Big Barker vs KOPECKS vs Orvis vs Bully Beds Dog beds.
We review each bed, outline the similarities and differences, and suggest which might be best for you.
Let’s take a look!
(NOTE: this is a general information guide only, and is not professional advice, or a substitute for professional advice. A qualified vet or animal expert is the only person qualified to give you expert advice in regards to your pet/s)
Big Barker vs KOPECKS vs Orvis vs Bully Dog Beds: Comparison, Differences, Reviews & Which Is Best
If you want to go straight to each dog bed, you can view them here:
- Big Barker Headrest Edition Orthopedic Pillow Dog Bed (on Chewy)
- Big Barker 7 Inch Orthopedic Dog Bed (on Amazon) – (7 Inch thick American made therapeutic foam dog bed. Available in up to the largest Giant size, which is a 60 inch long x 48 inch wide sized bed. For large and Giant sized dogs.)
- KOPEKS Orthopedic Pillow Dog Bed w/Removable Cover (on Chewy)
- KOPEKS 7 Inch Orthopedic Memory Foam Dog Bed (on Amazon) – (Bed with headrest. Available in up to a X Large size which is 50”L x 34”W. Has 7 inch thick memory foam.)
- Orvis Memory Foam Platform Large Dog Bed (on Amazon)
- Bully Bed 7 Inch Orthopedic Memory Foam Dog Bed (on Amazon)
Big Barker vs KOPECKS vs Orvis vs Bully Dog Beds: Reviews
Big Barker 7 Inch Orthopedic Foam Dog Bed Sleek Edition
A 7 inch Orthopedic solid foam bed made especially for large and giant dogs.
There’s 2 inches of comfort foam, 3 inches of support foam and another 2 more inches of comfort foam. The foam is H10 Comfort Foam and H45 Support Foam.
It is made of high quality American foam and carries a 10 year guarantee. The foam will retain 90% of original shape & loft for 10 years or your money back.
There’s an external microfiber cover that is washable, and internal waterproof covers are available.
Great for dogs’ joints and bones health.
Both a sleek/flat and headrest version of the bed available.
Comes in three sizes:
- Large – 48 inches long x 30 inches wide
- Extra Large – 52 inches long x 36 inches wide
- Giant – 60 inches long x 48 inches wide
KOPEKS 7 Inch Orthopedic Memory Foam Dog Bed
A cheap 7 inch orthopedic dog bed option, and the XXL size comes with a 3 inch headrest.
According to KOPEKS’s website, the foam is solid foam, and the extra large bed is made of 4 inches of H50 Support Foam at the bottom, and 1.5 inches of H10 Comfort Foam at the top of the mattress.
However, this only adds up to 5.5 inches. The bed in real life is 7 inches for the mattress, so maybe they meant 3 inches of comfort foam and the website has the thicknesses and allocations of each type of foam incorrect.
There is 3 inches of H10 Contoured Foam as the headrest/pillow.
It’s not clear where the foam was made or sourced from.
There’s also a non slip backing on the bottom of the bed, and there’s two covers – an out washable cover, and an inner waterproof cover.
Comes in both a brown and a light blue color.
Comes in three sizes:
- Small – 25 inches long x 20 inches wide
- Large – 35 inches long x 28 inches wide
- Extra Extra Large – 50 inches long x 34 inches wide
Orvis Memory Foam Platform Large Dog Bed
The Platform Orivs memory foam bed is the one most comparable to the other dog beds on this list. It’s features include:
- Made with 4 inches of solid memory foam
- A waterproof inner cover, and a microfiber out cover you can wash – has a zipper – beware for chewer dogs
- 4 Sizes Available – Small, Medium, Large and Extra Large. XL is for dogs up to 90-120 lbs and measures 53″ x 35″
- Bed can be personalised with a name
Bully Bed 7 Inch Orthopedic Memory Foam Dog Bed
- A 7 Inch Thick Bed – 2.5 inches of 4.5 lb memory foam on the top, with 4.5 inches of 2 lb support foam base on the bottom.
- Created for big dogs specifically – can support up to 300lbs of weight on them
- Designed to help soothe arthritis, joints and hips
- Includes a 10 year guarantee/warranty that the bed doesn’t go flat
- Has a water proof inner cover and a soft washable outer cover
- Has a non slip base
- Comes in 4 sizes – small, medium, Extra Large which is 52 inches long by 34 inches wide, and Extra Extra Large which is 60 inches long by 48 inches wide
- The cover has a zipper – but it is enclosed in it’s own enclosure
Big Barker vs KOPECKS vs Orvis vs Bully Dog Beds: Comparison, Similarities and Differences
Overall, the Big Barker and Bully Beds dog beds are most similar.
Both are very high quality, are designed specifically for big dogs, and have lots of positive feedback and both offer the 10 year guarantee against the foam sinking or flattening.
The KOPECKS is similar to these beds in many ways, except, as of December 2017, it comes without the guarantee on the foam sinking (although there doesn’t seem to be any issues with that from the people that have bought it).
The KOPECKS comes in at a low price point, presumably because of either the lack of a guarantee, or because the foam is not sourced in the USA (we can’t confirm where the foam comes from – it could be the USA or overseas – KOPECKS’s website doesn’t say).
All three of these beds come with the headrest on the bed, with the Big Barker also including a non headrest bed edition.
The Orivs dog bed is not like these three beds. It is only 4 inches thick, compared to the 3 beds mentioned above which are all 7 inches.
It’s worth noting Orvis does have other bolster memory foam beds available, and polyfill beds, but none are comparable to the Big Barker, Bully Beds or the KOPECKS bed.
Big Barker vs KOPECKS vs Orvis vs Bully Dog Beds: Summary, & Which Is The Best?
If we were to rank the beds in terms of overall value considering the quality and price, we would rank them in this order:
- Big Barker
- Bully Beds
If quality and a guarantee is more your thing, go for the Big Barker or Bully Beds beds which both come with a guarantee against the foam sinking.
These beds are probably also best for extra large and giant dogs as they are specifically designed for them, with the only Giant 60 x 48 inch long beds available.
One of the advantages of the Big Barker dog bed is that it has the option to buy with extremely high quality internal waterproof liners (we looked at all the waterproof liners, and their in our opinion was the best) in case you have a senior dog, a puppy, or a dog that can’t control their bodily functions for whatever reason.
If you’re on a budget but you still want good quality for dogs of most sizes, go for the KOPECKS for the low price.
Considering that the Orvis only offers 4 inches of foam, we wouldn’t select this bed at this point in time considering the price.
TheDailyShep.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc., or its affiliates.
Additionally, TheDailyShep.com participates in various other affiliate programs, and we sometimes get a commission through purchases made through our links.
TheDailyShep.com are not veterinarians, or animal professionals/experts. Information provided is for informational purposes only – it is not a substitute for professional or qualified advice.
The information is based on either our own thorough research, and/or own experiences, as a means of free speech.
By consuming this information, you accept that TheDailyShep.com do not have client or patient relationship with you, and TheDailyShep.com are not advising you to act on anything you read.
You should always consult your own veterinarian, animal expert, or health care professional and follow their advice before making decisions on all matters.
You can find our full set of disclaimers and T & C’s in the footer of this site.
Enjoy your reading, and thank you for being here