A heavy duty dog bed that can’t be destroyed or chewed through is extremely important if you own a dog that’s a chewer or likes to tear things apart.
We’ve heard horror stories of people buying orthopedic dog beds costing hundreds of dollars that have been torn up by chewers within a matter of hours or days.
While no pet product is completely chew proof, we think we’ve found the best heavy duty dog beds that are as resistant to chewing or damage as dog beds come.
They certainly rate the best in terms of dog beds that can’t be destroyed or chewed through.
Let’s take a look at both a cheaper and a more expensive option.
(NOTE: this is a general information guide only, and is not professional advice, or a substitute for professional advice. A qualified vet or animal expert is the only person qualified to give you expert advice in regards to your pet/s)
Best Heavy Duty Dog Bed That Can’t Be Destroyed Or Chewed Through
Our top picks for the best heavy duty dog beds include:
- K9 Ballistics Chew Resistant Dog Bed – The Cujo Cot (on Amazon)
- Kuranda Elevated PVC Frame Dog Bed (on Amazon) (Elevated dog bed. Available up to a XXL size, with a sleeping area of 46 inches long and 32 inches wide. For dogs up to 100lbs. PVC frame)
- Kuranda Elevated Aluminum Frame Dog Bed (on Amazon) (Elevated dog bed. Available up to a XXL size, with a sleeping area of 46 inches long and 32 inches wide. For dogs up to 250 lbs. Aircraft grade aluminum frame)
Best Heavy Duty Dog Bed: Reviews
K9 Ballistics Chew Resistant Dog Bed – The Cujo Cot
An indoor and outdoor bed
- As of November 2017, the bed comes with a 120 day chewproof guarantee
- Made of an aluminium frame with rip stop ballistic fibers.
- Dogs obviously either don’t chew on metal, or find out pretty quick that it is hard and can’t be chewed through
- The rip stop fibers are designed so that they recess into the bed frame – so it’s almost impossible for your dog to get in and chew on them
- Rip stop fibers means that if the fabric tears or rips in one spot – it gets isolated to that spot and doesn’t spread
- Has metal frame connectors – better against chewing than plastic corners and connectors
- Extremely easy to put together by screwing the legs together
- Raised bed that is 6 inches off the ground – gives it good ventilation in summer and hotter more humid weather.
- The fabric breathes really well – great for doggy smells on dog beds, and for hot weather
- Easy to clean – hose it down outside, or simply wipe it with a damp cloth
- Fits in a standard sized dog crate
- 7 different colors available
- 5 sizes also available – the largest size is Extra Extra Large at 35 inches wide x 50 inches long
Best Heavy Duty Dog Bed: Buyer’s Guide
What is a heavy duty dog bed?
Any dog bed that is fantastic at standing up to the behavior of heavy chewers or dogs who engage in destructive behavior
What makes a heavy duty dog bed resistant to being destroyed or chewed through?
- Some type of guarantee against chewing or destructive behavior
- A smart design – the soft fabric part of the bed can’t be vulnerable to chewers
- Tough but soft fabric that stands up to damage, but is also comfortable for your dog to sleep on
- A strong frame made of metal
- Metal frame connectors that aren’t plastic
TheDailyShep.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc., or its affiliates.
Additionally, TheDailyShep.com participates in various other affiliate programs, and we sometimes get a commission through purchases made through our links.
TheDailyShep.com are not veterinarians, or animal professionals/experts. Information provided is for informational purposes only – it is not a substitute for professional or qualified advice.
The information is based on either our own thorough research, and/or own experiences, as a means of free speech.
By consuming this information, you accept that TheDailyShep.com do not have client or patient relationship with you, and TheDailyShep.com are not advising you to act on anything you read.
You should always consult your own veterinarian, animal expert, or health care professional and follow their advice before making decisions on all matters.
You can find our full set of disclaimers and T & C’s in the footer of this site.
Enjoy your reading, and thank you for being here