If you are planning on getting out in the outdoors and you’re taking your pet with you, you’ll want to have the best dog bed for camping purposes.
A suitable dog bed for camping should be able to stand up to the elements, but also be portable & easy to clean – in addition to being comfortable of course.
There’s a few good dog beds out there that fit this criteria.
Let’s take a look at them!
(NOTE: this is a general information guide only, and is not professional advice, or a substitute for professional advice. A qualified vet or animal expert is the only person qualified to give you expert advice in regards to your pet/s)
Best Dog Bed For Camping Outdoors
Our top picks for the best dog beds for camping are:
Portable Dog Beds For Camping
- Chuckit! Travel Pillow Dog Bed (on Chewy)
- Canine Hardware Pet Travel Bed (on Amazon) – Roll Up Portable Bed
- Ruffwear Highlands Backpacking Bed for Dogs (on Amazon) – Roll Up Portable Bed
Other Portable & Inflatable Dog Beds For Camping
- Lightspeed Outdoors Self Inflating Travel Dog Bed (on Amazon) – 1.5 inches of padding
- Lifepul Pets Bed Mat (on Amazon) – 0.4 inches of padding
- IMK9 Portable Dog Bed Mat (on Amazon) – 2 inches fo padding
Elevated/Raised Dog Beds For Camping
- K&H Pet Products Elevated Dog Bed (on Chewy)
- K&H Pet Products Original Pet Cot Elevated Pet Bed (on Amazon) (Raised bed. Available up to an X Large size, for dogs up to around 150 lbs)
- Coolaroo Steel-Framed Elevated Dog Bed (on Chewy)
- Coolaroo Elevated Pet Bed (on Amazon) (Raised bed. Available up to a Large size, for dogs around 100lbs)
- Frisco Steel-Framed Elevated Dog Bed (on Chewy) – Available in up to a 51.6 x 31.8 inch size bed. For dogs as big as 85lbs.
More heavy duty:
- K9 Ballistics Cujo Cot Dog Bed (on Amazon) – Heavy Duty Chew Resistant Outdoor Dog Bed
- Kuranda Aluminium Dog Bed (on Amazon) – Heavy Duty Chew Resistant Outdoor Dog Bed
– Also available with Kuranda Reversible Fleece Pad (on Amazon)
Best Dog Beds For Camping: Reviews
Canine Hardware Pet Travel Bed
- A travel type dog bed that is made with polyester microfiber on top that offers a soft and suede type feel for comfrot; and ripstop nylon cover on bottom for durability
- Material is very breathable and dries out easily
- Easy to clean – machine washable
- Has offset quilting to stop the internal padding from moving around
- The bed itself is 30 inches by 39 inches in size – so it can be used for small to large dogs
- Easy to roll up or roll out and transport – comes with a 9 x 15 in. nylon stuff sack
- Not for dogs that like to chew
Ruffwear Highlands Backpacking Bed for Dogs
What Should You Know About This Bed?
- A packable dog bed designed for trails
- When packed in it’s stuff sack, it measures 12 x 4 inches and weighs 12.7 oz
- Contains lightweight synthetic insulation that provides warmth and protection from hard, cold surfaces
- Has a durable polyester fabric outer shell that is water-resistant, quick-drying, and cleans relatively easy
- Can be used with another padded bed laying on top of it
- Measures 35 x 26 inches with a 1-inch loft – for small to large dogs
- Washable on a light machine cycle
- Has a 1 inch loft
- Slightly expensive for what it is
Other Portable and Inflatable Dog Beds For Camping
They are a selection of other portable dog beds that aren’t necessarily designed to be exposed to the elements, but are highly portable.
You could easily set them up in your car or in the holding section of a tent.
One of them is a popular inflatable dog bed if that’s a preference for you.
Raised Dog Beds For Camping
We already reviewed the best elevated dog beds in this guide – we are talking the Coolaroo, Kuranda and K9 Ballistics dog beds listed above.
Additionally we listed the benefits and disadvantages + features of elevated and raised dog beds in this guide.
As a quick summary, what makes them suitable for a camping is:
- They are designed for the outdoors
- They are light enough to carry and transport
- They don’t have any fill or foam which will get wet or trap dirt or other outdoor nasties
- They have lightweight permeable fabric your dog lays on that is fairly resistant to most things
- The beds are raised, so if there is water or anything else on the ground, it won’t get on the fabric your dog is lying on
- They can be hosed down with water to clean and salt water or other mess off them – they are easy to clean
- They are much more heavy duty and chew resistant than the portable dog mats
- Good for dogs that like to chew – the Kuranda and K9 Ballistics beds are heavy duty
Best Dog Beds For Camping: Buyer’s Guide
What Features Make A Good Dog Bed For Camping?
- The bed is designed for the outdoors
- It is easy to transport in your car and take to and from camp sites
- It has some level of protection against mess and odors
- It’s easy to clean
- It’s fairly hard wearing and durable
TheDailyShep.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc., or its affiliates.
Additionally, TheDailyShep.com participates in various other affiliate programs, and we sometimes get a commission through purchases made through our links.
TheDailyShep.com are not veterinarians, or animal professionals/experts. Information provided is for informational purposes only – it is not a substitute for professional or qualified advice.
The information is based on either our own thorough research, and/or own experiences, as a means of free speech.
By consuming this information, you accept that TheDailyShep.com do not have client or patient relationship with you, and TheDailyShep.com are not advising you to act on anything you read.
You should always consult your own veterinarian, animal expert, or health care professional and follow their advice before making decisions on all matters.
You can find our full set of disclaimers and T & C’s in the footer of this site.
Enjoy your reading, and thank you for being here