When it comes to picking the best dog bed for the backseat of a car, SUV or truck, there’s a few options you can go with.
Those options that will provide padding or comfort inside the backseat of a vehicle might include:
- A pet bed that attaches to one or all of your car back seats
- A pet booster seat
- A dog hammock seat cover
You can even put a portable dog bed under a hammock seat cover so you both protect the inside of your vehicle and your dog has some soft cushioning to lie on.
What you choose will depend on what fits your dog and your car the best.
Whatever option you go with, make sure you comply with the laws and regulations regarding pet car and truck travel in your area.
Let’s check out the options!
(NOTE: this is a general information guide only, and is not professional advice, or a substitute for professional advice. A qualified vet or animal expert is the only person qualified to give you expert advice in regards to your pet/s)
Best Dog Bed For Backseat Of Car, SUV or Truck
Our top picks for the best dog bed for the backseat of a car, SUV or truck is:
Car Pet Bed
Petsafe Solvit Car Cuddler (on Amazon) – one of the only backseat pet beds on the market
Other car backseat options include:
Dog Car Booster Seats
- Solvit Standard Pet Safety Seat (on Chewy)
- K & H Pet Products Bucket Booster Seat (on Amazon) – For Small to Medium Dogs
- Kurgo Skybox Dog Booster Seat (on Amazon) – For Dogs Up To 20 or 30 lbs
- Snoozer Lookout Dog Car Seat (on Amazon) – For Dogs Up To 25lbs
- Devoted Doggy Deluxe Dog Booster Seat (on Amazon) – For Dogs Up To 20 lbs
- Petsfit Booster Seat (on Amazon) – For Dogs Up To 45 lbs
Dog Car Hammock Seat Cover
- Full Guide coming soon
- Barksbar Original Pet Seat Cover For Cars (on Amazon) – Cheap Pet Seat Cover/Hammock
- 4Knines Dog Seat Cover With Hammock For Cars, Trucks and SUV’s (on Amazon) – USA Based Pet Seat Cover/Hammock
Portable Dog Mats
- Chuckit! Travel Pillow Dog Bed (on Chewy)
- Lightspeed Outdoors Self Inflating Travel Dog Bed (on Amazon) – 1.5 inches of padding
- Lifepul Pets Bed Mat (on Amazon) – 0.4 inches of padding
- IMK9 Portable Dog Bed Mat (on Amazon) – 2 inches fo padding
Best Dog Bed For Backseat Of Car, SUV or Truck: Reviews
Petsafe Solvit Car Cuddler
What’s Good With This Pet Car Bed?
- Made of a nice looking micro suede and faux sheep skin which looks good in your car
- Stuffing in the bed is an over-sized polyester fill – good cushioning that is comfortable for your dog laying on it
- Micro suede and faux sheep skin fabric helps protect your car, truck or SUV’s interior from pet hair, dirt and messes
- You can unzip the faux sheep skin fabric for easy cleaning of the bed
- Includes adjustable strapsa Stay-Put tube device that fits between the seat back and seat bottom for securing the dog bed
- Bed is machine washable is you remove the U shaped fill first – easy to clean
- Comes in 2 colors – grey and brown
Comes in 2 sizes – small (will fit a single standard car back seat), and large (will cover the whole back seats of a standard car):
- Small: Dimensions are 40 in. L (bottom seat cushion portion is 19 in.) x 23 in. W x 5 in. H > for dogs up to 30lbs
- Large: Dimensions are 40 in. L (bottom seat cushion portion is 19 in.) x 55 in. W x 5 in. H > for most dog sizes
What Could Be Improved With This Pet Car Bed?
- You might want another layer to catch hair and liquid – put a towel under it or a car seat cover/hammock
- The bed can slip around a bit because it currently doesn’t have an anti slip bottom – you can secure it with a retrofitted strap or a ratchet so it doesn’t slip around
Best Dog Bed For Backseat Of Car, SUV or Truck: Buyer’s Guide
What Size Pet Bed Do I Get For My Car?
The small is for dogs up to 30lbs.
The large is for most dog sizes, but it might not be big enough for extra large and Giant dogs – you might have to get a car backseat extender. Some of the more popular extenders are:
Of course with any pet bed or extender, make sure you also look at the dimensions of the product and measure your car interior to make sure it will fit.
What About Dog Booster Seats, Hammock Seat Covers and Portable Dog Mats?
- Booster Seats – really only for dogs up to 45lbs, but are a good option for medium and small sized dogs
- Hammock Seat Covers – great for protecting your seat covers. Don’t have the cushioning a dog bed has
- Portable Dog Mats – could be placed under a Hammock Seat Cover, but obviously they are a loose bed i.e. they aren’t made to be secured in a car like a car pet bed is
TheDailyShep.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc., or its affiliates.
Additionally, TheDailyShep.com participates in various other affiliate programs, and we sometimes get a commission through purchases made through our links.
TheDailyShep.com are not veterinarians, or animal professionals/experts. Information provided is for informational purposes only – it is not a substitute for professional or qualified advice.
The information is based on either our own thorough research, and/or own experiences, as a means of free speech.
By consuming this information, you accept that TheDailyShep.com do not have client or patient relationship with you, and TheDailyShep.com are not advising you to act on anything you read.
You should always consult your own veterinarian, animal expert, or health care professional and follow their advice before making decisions on all matters.
You can find our full set of disclaimers and T & C’s in the footer of this site.
Enjoy your reading, and thank you for being here