If you’re looking for cave type dog beds, you may find these Snoozer Cozy Cave Dog Bed Reviews useful.
Snoozer have two main cave beds – the standard Luxury Cozy Cave, and the Luxury Cozy Cave Orthopedic.
We’ve taken a look at the pros and cons of each bed, along with considering whether there are any other alternate dog bed options available from other dog bed brands.
Let’s get to it!
Snoozer Cozy Cave Dog Bed Reviews: Standard, Luxury & Orthopedic Beds
If you want to go straight to checking the Snoozer Cozy Cave dog beds out, you can do so here:
- Snoozer Pet Products Cozy Cave Covered Cat & Dog Bed (on Chewy)
- Snoozer Cozy Cave Orthopedic Poly Cotton Dog Bed (on Amazon)
- Snoozer Cozy Cave Orthopedic Luxury (Microsuede) Dog Bed (on Amazon)
- Snoozer Cozy Cave Standard Poly Cotton Dog Bed (on Amazon)
- Snoozer Cozy Cave Standard Luxury (Microsuede) Dog Bed (on Amazon)
Snoozer Cozy Cave Dog Bed: Reviews
Standard Snoozer Cozy Cave Dog Bed In Poly Cotton
- A cave/next type dog bed that is good for dogs that like to nest/burrow, stay under blankets and like to stay warm
- This particular bed has a Sherpa soft interior, and a poly cotton exterior
- It has a Cedar/Poly filling for the main pillow your dog lies on
- The cover is zippered, removable and washable
- Comes in 3 sizes up to X Large which generally is ok for large breed dogs like Golden Retrievers
- Small is 25 inches in diameter, Large is 35 inches, and X Large is 45 inches
- Sidewall is 4 inches, and hood height is about 8 inches
- Comes in different 7 colors to match different interiors
- Seams/stitching in this bed aren’t always the strongest
- The plastic tube that holds up the cave cover is a little flimsy
- There’s not a heap of room to burrow in this bed – there’s maybe 2 to 4 inches plus the hood – your dog has to get in and curl up
- Some dogs will just prefer blankets over this bed even if they are a burrower
Standard Snoozer Cozy Cave Luxury Dog Bed In Microsuede
The same bed as the one above, except it is the Luxury model.
The major difference is that the Luxury model is made with microsuede on the outside.
There’s also 20 different colors to pick from in the Luxury range compared to the Poly cotton range.
We can’t say this as a fact, it’s just our observation, but it seems like the Luxury bed overall might have a little better craftsmanship and stitching than the poly cotton.
In our opinion, it also looks a little better because of the Microsuede.
Orthopedic Snoozer Cozy Cave Dog Bed In Poly Cotton
Very similar to the standard models. Except, the orthopedic version has a base which is:
- 3″ orthopedic foam
- Topped with 2″ layer of polyester batting for added cushion and comfort
The cover on this one is poly cotton.
4 colors available.
- We don’t know exactly what sort of orthopedic foam it is
- There are dog beds out there that are cheaper with more foam support, and have real solid orthopedic foam
Orthopedic Snoozer Cozy Cave Luxury Dog Bed In Microsuede
Similar to the Poly Cotton orthopedic Cozy cave, this one has the orthopedic foam inside with the polyester batting.
This is the Microsuede/luxury version on the Orthopedic Cozy Cave
There’s 14 colors available.
Snoozer Cozy Cave Dog Bed: Buyer’s Guide
Who Are Snoozer?
Snoozer Pet Products make a whole range of dog products not just limited to dog beds – car seats and bike seats for dogs are just a few other types of products they make.
What’s The Difference Between The Snoozer Cozy Cave Dog Beds – Standard, Luxury & Orthopedic
The original and luxury dog beds are obviously not orthopedic foam, with the luxury bed for example having a poly/cedar filled inner pillow for example.
The difference between the standard Cozy Cave and the Luxury Cozy Cave is that:
- the standard Cozy Cave has a poly cotton exterior
- the Luxury Cozy Cave has a microsuede exterior
Both have the Sherpa inner lining.
It’s also worth noting that there are 4 main types of the Cozy Cave in total:
- Standard Cozy Cave
- Standard Luxury Cozy Cave
- Orthopedic Cozy Cave
- Orthopedic Luxury Cozy Cave
Who Might The Snoozer Cozy Cave Dog Beds Be For?
- Dogs that like to burrow or nest
- Dogs that like to be warm while sleeping
- Dogs that like to be covered by blankets or a cover while they rest or sleep
- Dogs that can fit in up to a 45 inch diameter by 8-10 inch area of space – small to large breeds
- Dogs that can curl up
- People that want a nice looking dog bed
Who Might The Snoozer Cozy Cave Dog Beds Not Be For?
- Dogs that like to lay out flat on a mattress
- Dogs that don’t like being covered while they sleep
- Extra large and giant dogs
- People that a true value for money dog bed
- People who want more than 3 inches of orthopedic foam e.g. 4 and 7 inch orthopedic foam beds
- People who want heavy duty dog beds that stand up to chewing
- People who want outside dog beds
- People who want a different type of dog bed to a cave bed
What Are Some Alternate Dog Beds Worth Checking Out?
Orthopedic Memory Foam Dog Beds
- Best 4 Inch Orthopedic Memory Foam Dog Bed – Dogbed4less Orthopedic Memory Foam Dog Bed (on Amazon)
- Cheap 4 Inch Orthopedic Memory Foam Dog Bed – Milliard Premium Orthopedic Memory Foam Dog Bed (on Amazon)
- Best 7 Inch Orthopedic Memory Foam Dog Bed – Flat, and Headrest Options – Big Barker 7 Inch Orthopedic Foam Dog Bed Sleek Edition (on Amazon)
There’s also a headrest version of this dog bed – Big Barker 7 Inch Orthopedic Foam Dog Bed With Headrest (on Amazon)
Big Barker also have in our opinion one of the best performing and highest quality waterproof internal dog bed liners on the market
- Cheap 7 Inch Orthopedic Memory Foam Dog Bed – KOPEKS 7 Inch Orthopedic Memory Foam Dog Bed (on Amazon)
Bolster Dog Beds
- Best Orthopedic Memory Foam Dog Bed With Bolster Sides – Pet Fusion Ultimate Dog Lounge 4 to 6 Inch Memory Foam Bolster Dog Bed (on Amazon)
- Cheap Orthopedic Memory Foam Dog Bed With Bolster Sides – KOPEKS Deluxe Orthopedic Memory Foam Bolster Dog Bed (on Amazon)
Chew Proof Crate Pad
- Best Dog Crate Pad For Chewers – Big Barker 4 Inch Orthopedic Foam Dog Crate Pad (on Amazon)
- Best Cheap Crate Pad For Chewers – K9 Ballistics TUFF Crate Dog Pad (on Amazon)
Outdoor Elevated Dog Beds That Are Heavy Duty and For Chewers and Destructive Dogs
K9 Ballistics Cujo Cot Dog Bed (on Amazon) – Heavy Duty Chew Resistant Outdoor Dog Bed
Kuranda Aluminium Dog Bed (on Amazon) – Heavy Duty Chew Resistant Outdoor Dog Bed
– Also available with Kuranda Reversible Fleece Pad (on Amazon)
Snoozer Cozy Cave Dog Bed Replacement Covers
Snoozer do do replacement covers for their Cozy Cave dog beds.
Snoozer Cozy Cave Dog Bed Discounts, Clearances, Deals & Sales
Around certain times of the year such as July, Black Friday, Cyber Monday and of course Xmas and New Years, you might find that Amazon and Snoozer offer specials, discounts, clearances and deals for existing stock.
However, this is not guaranteed – it’s up to Snoozer and Amazon.
Snoozer Cozy Cave Dog Bed Coupons
You might coupons through certain promotions, but check with Snoozer to validate that it’s an official promotion and the coupons are legitimate.
Can You Get Snoozer Cozy Cave Dog Beds In The UK, Canada & Australia?
If you order through Amazon, they ship to Australia, Canada and the UK.
If you go directly through Big Shrimpy, check with them before buying.
TheDailyShep.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc., or its affiliates.
Additionally, TheDailyShep.com participates in various other affiliate programs, and we sometimes get a commission through purchases made through our links.
TheDailyShep.com are not veterinarians, or animal professionals/experts. Information provided is for informational purposes only – it is not a substitute for professional or qualified advice.
The information is based on either our own thorough research, and/or own experiences, as a means of free speech.
By consuming this information, you accept that TheDailyShep.com do not have client or patient relationship with you, and TheDailyShep.com are not advising you to act on anything you read.
You should always consult your own veterinarian, animal expert, or health care professional and follow their advice before making decisions on all matters.
You can find our full set of disclaimers and T & C’s in the footer of this site.
Enjoy your reading, and thank you for being here