If you’re environmentally conscious and you’re looking for a dog bed, you’re in luck.
We’ve just found a dog bed made from recycle plastic bottles.
We looked at a few other eco beds before we came across this one and to be honest, we didn’t feel right bringing them to your attention as they were lacking in major areas – whether it was a lack of padding, not-so-soft material etc.
This bed by P.L.A.Y. (Pet Lifestyle and You) however is something we would buy for our own dogs, and we hope you like it too.
Let’s take a look…
The Eco Friendly Dog Bed Made From Recycled Plastic Bottles
P.L.A.Y. Pet Lifestyle and You Lounge Beds for Dogs
How are you supporting the environment when you buy a P.L.A.Y lounge bed?
Well, as P.L.A.Y describe:
- INSTEAD OF > “People drink sodas. Plastic bottles get thrown out. Bottles go to landfills”
- THIS HAPPENS > “People drink sodas. Plastic bottles get cleaned and recycled. Bottles are turned into soft PlanetFill® polyfiber for P.L.A.Y. beds”
Plastic in particular a) is estimated to take 500-1000 years to break down in the environment b) releases toxic micro polymers when it breaks down and c) can be harmful for wildlife getting caught in their airways, restricting their movement, or even being fatal in some cases
With the different sized P.L.A.Y lounge beds, here is how many plastic bottles you are saving from going to landfill and polluting the earth and affecting wildlife:
- Small – 25 bottles
- Medium – 53 bottles
- Large – 78 bottles
- Extra Large – 108 bottles
This is all great, but what are the details of the bed exactly? Well…
- Manufactured from certified-safe recycled plastic bottles which makes up the Eco-friendly PlanetFill® filler
- Really high quality look – won’t ruin the decor of a lounge room or somewhere inside the house
- Filler is high-loft fill for your dog’s comfort
- Hand sewn – strong and durable and built to last compared to cheaper lower quality beds
- Lounge style bed with elevated sides that create the ideal resting place for your dog’s head
- Has a zipper with a removable cover you can throw in the wash to leave your dog’s bed clean and smelling nice
- Cover is also dryer friendly
- Made from denim material with a trim
- Made in the USA
- Sizes Available are Small Through To Extra Large, and the outer/exterior bed and inner cushion dimensions are as follows:
- Small: Outer: 24″L x 19″W x 7″H; Inner: 16″L x 11″W – for dogs up to 20 lbs
- Medium: Outer: 31″L x 25″W x 8″H; Inner: 21″L x 16″W – for dogs up to 50lbs
- Large: Outer: 38″L x 30″W x 9″H; Inner: 27.5″L x 20″W – for dog up to 90lbs
- X-Large: Outer: 44″L x 37″W x 10″H; Inner 32″L x 25″W – for dogs over 90lbs
- 27 different colors available
Who Are P.L.A.Y. (Pet Lifestyle and You)?
P.L.A.Y are a pet company who pet products such as beds, toys and accessories for pet owners who appreciate thought and commitment to quality. Their main focus is on
- Better products than what most of the market it offering
- Higher quality manufacturing
- Great designs
- Planet-friendly materials
- Reasonable prices for the time spent on design and manufacturing of a high end product which is environmentally responsible
The beds in particular are made so that both owners and dogs love the beds, and they focus on:
- maximum comfort and ergonomic support
- stylish and easy to care for covers
- made from environmentally sustainable materials
Friendly Disclaimers ?
TheDailyShep.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc., or its affiliates.
Additionally, TheDailyShep.com participates in various other affiliate programs, and we sometimes get a commission through purchases made through our links.
TheDailyShep.com are not veterinarians, or animal professionals/experts. Information provided is for informational purposes only – it is not a substitute for professional or qualified advice.
The information is based on either our own thorough research, and/or own experiences, as a means of free speech.
By consuming this information, you accept that TheDailyShep.com do not have client or patient relationship with you, and TheDailyShep.com are not advising you to act on anything you read.
You should always consult your own veterinarian, animal expert, or health care professional and follow their advice before making decisions on all matters.
You can find our full set of disclaimers and T & C’s in the footer of this site.
Enjoy your reading, and thank you for being here ?