The best dog bed for Rhodesian Ridgebacks should be something that presents good value for money, but also has features such as good support for your dog’s body.
Rhodesian Ridgebacks are a large sized breed, so be sure to take this into consideration in picking a bed size.
In this guide, we take a look at some of the best rated dog beds, including different types of beds that come in different sizes.
Let’s check them out!
(NOTE: this is a general information guide only, and is not professional advice, or a substitute for professional advice. A qualified vet or animal expert is the only person qualified to give you expert advice in regards to your pet/s)
(*Friendly Disclosure – links to retailers or brands on this page may include affiliate links, and we may receive a commission when you purchase through these links)
Best Dog Bed For A Rhodesian Ridgeback
Some of the top overall dog beds for Rhodesian Ridgebacks are the:
- PetFusion Ultimate Lounge Orthopedic Bolster Cat & Dog Bed w/Removable Cover (on Chewy) (Larger Sizes), or PetFusion Ultimate Lounge Orthopedic Bolster Cat & Dog Bed w/Removable Cover (on Chewy) (Smaller Sizes)
- PetFusion Ultimate Dog Bed With Memory Foam (on Amazon) (Bed with bolster edges. Several sizes available, but, available as big as a XXL size bed, with inner dimensions of 42 inches long by 33 inches wide, and a 6 inch memory foam base. Designed for dogs up to 200lbs. Has a water resistant removable and washable cover, and a waterproof inner liner to protect memory foam)
- Big Barker Headrest Edition Orthopedic Pillow Dog Bed (on Chewy)
- Big Barker 7 Inch Orthopedic Dog Bed (on Amazon) – (7 Inch thick American made therapeutic foam dog bed. Available in up to the largest Giant size, which is a 60 inch long x 48 inch wide sized bed. For large and Giant sized dogs.)
Other dog bed options might include (categorized by bed type):
Affordable & Cheaper Dog Beds
- MidWest Quiet Time Ombre Swirl Dog & Cat Bed (on Chewy)
- MidWest Homes for Pets Deluxe Super Plush Ombré Swirl Pet Bed (on Amazon) (Flat plush polyfiber cushion bed. Available in up to a 48 inch x 29 inch size bed – which is for dogs up to 110lbs. Base is 4 inches thick. Can also be used as a dog crate bed)
- Frisco Rectangular Bolster Cat & Dog Bed (on Chewy) – Available in up to a 32 x 26 inch size bed. Stuffed with polyester fiber filling.
- Frisco Pillow Cat & Dog Bed (on Chewy) – available in up to a 40 x 28 inch size. Stuffed with a fluffy polyester fiber filling.
- FurHaven Plush & Suede Orthopedic Bolster Cat & Dog Bed (on Chewy)
- Furhaven Therapeutic Plush & Suede Sofa-Style Living Room Couch Pet Bed (on Amazon) (Bed with headrest rims. Available in up to a Jumbo Plus size, with inner sleeping dimensions of 40 inches long x 36 inches wide, for Giant dogs like Great Danes. Has a 4 inch base. Comes in memory foam, orthopedic foam, and cooling gel foam models)
Foam Dog Beds (Regular Foam, Memory Foam, & Orthopedic Foam)
- KOPEKS Orthopedic Pillow Dog Bed w/Removable Cover (on Chewy)
- KOPEKS 7 Inch Orthopedic Memory Foam Dog Bed (on Amazon) – (Bed with headrest. Available in up to a X Large size which is 50”L x 34”W. Has 7 inch thick memory foam.)
- Dogbed4less Orthopedic Memory Foam Dog Bed (on Amazon) (Flat bed. Available in up to a Jumbo size, for dogs that will fit on a 55 inches long, by 47 inches wide bed. Has a 4 inch thick memory foam base)
- Milliard Premium Orthopedic Memory Foam Dog Bed (on Amazon) (Flat bed. Available in up to a 46 inches long by 35 inches wide X large size bed, with a 4 inch foam base)
- BarksBar Snuggly Sleeper Orthopedic Bolster Dog Bed (on Chewy)
- BarksBar Gray Orthopedic Dog Bed – Snuggly Sleeper (on Amazon) (Sofa bed with padded rims. Available in up to a Large size bed, which is 40 inches long by 30 inches wide, and holds dogs up to 100+ lbs in weight, and up to 36″ in length. Inner dimensions are 36″ x 24″. Has a cotton padding and orthopedic foam base.)
Outdoor & Raised/Elevated Dog Beds
- K&H Pet Products Elevated Dog Bed (on Chewy)
- K&H Pet Products Original Pet Cot Elevated Pet Bed (on Amazon) (Raised bed. Available up to an X Large size, for dogs up to around 150 lbs)
- Coolaroo Steel-Framed Elevated Dog Bed (on Chewy)
- Coolaroo Elevated Pet Bed (on Amazon) (Raised bed. Available up to a Large size, for dogs around 100lbs)
- Frisco Steel-Framed Elevated Dog Bed (on Chewy) – Available in up to a 51.6 x 31.8 inch size bed. For dogs as big as 85lbs.
- Kuranda Elevated PVC Frame Dog Bed (on Amazon) (Elevated dog bed. Available up to a XXL size, with a sleeping area of 46 inches long and 32 inches wide. For dogs up to 100lbs. PVC frame)
- Kuranda Elevated Aluminum Frame Dog Bed (on Amazon) (Elevated dog bed. Available up to a XXL size, with a sleeping area of 46 inches long and 32 inches wide. For dogs up to 250 lbs. Aircraft grade aluminum frame)
- K9 Ballistics Chew Resistant Elevated Dog Bed (on Amazon)
Other Dog Bed Types & Options
This guide lists many other of the market’s best dog beds right now by type, such as donut dog beds, waterproof and washable dog beds, dog beds for chewers, dog beds that match home decor, and more. If the dog beds above don’t match what you’re looking for, you may like to give it a read.
*Note – make sure you measure your dog both from their behind to the tip of their nose, and from their paws to the top of their shoulders and also head, and pick a dog bed that will comfortably and safely fit their body length and width ways.
Pick a size of bed that comfortably gives them a few extra inches in each direction.
Also, make sure you get a dog bed with adequate support for your dog’s body (solid certified orthopedic and memory foams can be more desirable than a regular slab foam, or a crated out foam).
Some people also like a specific feature, such as a waterproof liner included, or will look to order one separately (can especially help to protect an investment in a foam bed).
Read the dog bed product description, features, inclusions, and check details and sizing dimensions before ordering.
Dog Bed Reviews
Dog Bed Buyer’s Guide
How Big Are Rhodesian Ridgebacks? – Weight & Height Dimensions
Rhodesian Ridgebacks are generally a large sized breed, and an average weight and height for a Rhodesian Ridgeback might be:
Weight – Up to 90 lbs
Height – Up to 27 inches tall
It’s best to measure your own Rhodesian Ridgeback and get their individual weight, height and length.
Also, take note of what position they lay in most commonly when they are laying down and sleeping e.g. do they lay out straight, do they spread their legs out, do they curl up?
You might like to also like to measure your Rhodesian Ridgeback while they are in their sleeping position.
What Size Dog Bed Should I Get For My Rhodesian Ridgeback?
Now you have dimensions and the weight of your Rhodesian. So, it’s time to consider what size of bed to get.
For any dog bed you are considering, make sure you look at two things when it comes to size:
The length and width of the bed
Your dog in their sleeping position should be able to fit in the sleeping area of the bed.
Make sure you subtract any bolsters or frames from the length and width of the bed – look for the actual sleeping area of the bed, and not the exterior length and width dimensions which may include bolsters and frames
What weight of dog the bed is made for
Does the dog bed have a weight limit? If so, make sure your dog fits under the weight limit
If we look at one bed as an example:
The PetFusion bed large size has inner dimensions of 36 inches by 26 inches, and is recommended for large sized breeds like (the XL might also be suitable for the bigger Rhodesian Ridgebacks)
Best Dog Bed For Rhodesian Ridgeback Puppies
Most owners will either:
Buy a dog bed they think their puppy won’t outgrow by the time they are an adult dog. You can make a pretty good guess on the final size by looking at breed average size info, and speaking to your vet
Buy a cheaper dog bed for the first 6 months to a year, and replace it with a bigger bed once they get a better idea of how big their dog will be
The first option is probably better though because it will cost you less and create less waste.
For a Rhodesian Ridgeback puppy – you could buy a bed with say 10-20% bigger weight and length/width capacity than what you think a dog will grow to as an adult
How To Choose A Dog Bed For Your Rhodesian Ridgeback – Type, Price & Your Own Preferences
It depends on the needs of the dog, and the preferences of the owner.
Some people may just want a cheap/affordable bed
Some might look for good support in the form of a foam bed – especially memory foam or solid orthopedic foam
Some might want a specific style of bed, such as a donut shaped bed
Some might want an outdoor or raised bed made of durable fabric and a bed frame
Other owners might go for specific features like removable and washable covers, inner waterproof liners, a dog bed color that matches their home decor, and so on.
We’ve also put together a guide that describes in a little more depth the different types of dog beds and their features.
Dog Beds For Rhodesian Ridgeback If I Live In The UK, Canada, Australia, Europe or India
Amazon currently ship to most of these locations.
When you visit Amazon, and view the dog bed, it should say whether it ships to your country and what the shipping cost is (if any).
If you go directly through the manufacturer site, they usually tell you when landing on the site or going to the checkout whether they can ship to your country.
TheDailyShep.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc., or its affiliates.
Additionally, TheDailyShep.com participates in various other affiliate programs, and we sometimes get a commission through purchases made through our links.
TheDailyShep.com are not veterinarians, or animal professionals/experts. Information provided is for informational purposes only – it is not a substitute for professional or qualified advice.
The information is based on either our own thorough research, and/or own experiences, as a means of free speech.
By consuming this information, you accept that TheDailyShep.com do not have client or patient relationship with you, and TheDailyShep.com are not advising you to act on anything you read.
You should always consult your own veterinarian, animal expert, or health care professional and follow their advice before making decisions on all matters.
You can find our full set of disclaimers and T & C’s in the footer of this site
Enjoy your reading, and thank you for being here