Maybe you have no intention of taking your dog’s crate anywhere.
That’s fine, and, in that case, you’ll want to have the best indoor dog crate for your home.
Maybe you want a dog crate that looks a bit nicer to match your home’s decor, or maybe you just want a standard dog crate you can put indoors in a spare room or your laundry space.
We’ve gone out and found popular crates that suit both scenarios.
Let’s check them out!
Best Indoor Dog Crate For Your Home: Reviews and Buyer’s Guide
Our picks for the best indoor dog crates are:
Best Wooden Indoor Dog Crate – Crown Pet Products Wood Pet Crate End Table (on Amazon)
Read the full best wooden indoor crate guide here.
Best Metal Wire Indoor Dog Crate – MidWest iCrate Single Door and Double Door Metal Wire Dog Crate (on Amazon)
Best Soft Sided Indoor Dog Crate – EliteField 3-Door Folding Soft Dog Crate (on Amazon)
*Dog crate bed is sold separately – you might look at the MidWest Deluxe Bolster Pet Bed for Dogs (on Amazon)
Best Indoor Dog Crate: Reviews
Crown Pet Products Wooden End Table Crate
One of the most popular wooden indoor dog crates is the Crown Pet Products Wooden End Table. It comes in a durable wood that is similar to teak, and is finished in one of 2 colors – Mahogany, or Espresso.
The biggest size of this crates is:
- Large (27 Inches): 39.6″D x 27.2″W x 27.3″H > for pets up to 80 lbs. *Take roughly 1.5 to 2 inches off for internal crate dimensions
Read more about the best wooden dog crates that look like furniture.
MidWest iCrate Metal Wire Crate
One of the most popular metal wire dog crates is the MidWest iCrate metal crate. Some of the main features are that it:
- Is affordable and great value for money
- Comes in 9 sizes from 18 inch up to 48 inches – for small to large dogs
- The largest 48 inch model measures 48L x 30W x 33H inches externally
- Comes in single door and double door options
- It assembles very quickly, and is foldable to be stored away or transported easily
Elitefield 3 Door Soft Fabric Folding Dog Crate
One of the most popular soft dog crates is the Elitefield soft fabric crate with a metal frame. Some of the main features include:
- It is made of a high quality durable 600D fabric and hex mesh fabric
- Is lightweight and foldable – making it highly portable
- Has three mesh doors (on the top, front, and side) for access, and good ventilation
- Comes in 5 sizes all the way through to the largest size crate at 42″L x 28″W x 32″H
- For small through to large dogs
Best Indoor Dog Crate: Buyer’s Guide
What Are Indoor Dog Crates?
They are crates that can be used indoors, or may have even been designed specifically to look good indoors. Specifically, they are:
Wooden Dog Crates – These crates are mostly wooden dog crates that are designed and constructed specifically to look great indoor in a lounge room setting.
They mostly come in the style of a wooden end table, but also come in 2 in 1 crate and gate playpen type enclosures.
Metal Wire Dog Crates – These crates are made of a thin metal wire, and are the most popular type of crate because they are affordable, foldable and portable, and have good strength.
You can get both single door and double door metal wire dog crates.
Soft Sided Dog Crates – These crates are made of a soft but durable nylon canvas fabric with a metal frame.
They are lightweight, foldable, portable and great for vacations and camping trips for example.
Who Are Indoor Dog Crates For?
- People who want a crate that will complement the inside of their house
- People that won’t need to transport their crate much, or don’t plan on moving it from inside the house
- People that don’t need an outdoor dog crate
Who Are Indoor Dog Crates NOT For?
- People who need outdoor dog crates
- People who want a crate they can use for transportation such as camping trips or for airline flights
What Size Indoor Dog Crate Should You Get?
You can consider doing the following:
1. Measure your dog from the tip of the nose to the base of the tail (do not include the tail),
2. Then measure your dog from the floor to the tip of the ears
3. Check the interior dimensions of the crate you are looking at buying, and make sure your dog has 2-4 inches of space length, width and height wise, so that they have enough space to stand, turn around and lay down comfortably
4. Check any weight capacity for the crate e.g. is the crate rated for dogs up to 100lbs for example?
Friendly Disclaimers ?
TheDailyShep.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc., or its affiliates.
Additionally, TheDailyShep.com participates in various other affiliate programs, and we sometimes get a commission through purchases made through our links.
TheDailyShep.com are not veterinarians, or animal professionals/experts. Information provided is for informational purposes only – it is not a substitute for professional or qualified advice.
The information is based on either our own thorough research, and/or own experiences, as a means of free speech.
By consuming this information, you accept that TheDailyShep.com do not have client or patient relationship with you, and TheDailyShep.com are not advising you to act on anything you read.
You should always consult your own veterinarian, animal expert, or health care professional and follow their advice before making decisions on all matters.
You can find our full set of disclaimers and T & C’s in the footer of this site.
Enjoy your reading, and thank you for being here ?