If you’re travelling with your dog in a SUV or a car with an open space at the back, you’ll want to make sure you have the best dog bed for the back of a SUV or car boot.
Luckily there’s option which provide comfort, support, shock absorption, various sizes and that are easy to clean which is important for hairs, dirt and other mess!
Let’s take a look!
(NOTE: There are different laws and regulations in different areas for vehicle travel. Make sure you are complying with legal requirements for pet safety when travelling in a vehicle in your area.)
Best Dog Bed For Back Of SUV or Car Boot
Our top picks for the best dog bed for the back or a SUV or car boot are:
- Big Barker Backseat SUV Edition Orthopedic Pillow Dog Bed (on Chewy)
- Big Barker Backseat Barker Orthopedic Pillow Dog Bed (on Chewy)
- Big Barker Backseat Barker Orthopedic Shock Absorbing Dog Bed For Back Of SUV’s (on Amazon)
Best Dog Bed For Back Of SUV or Car Boot: Reviews
Big Barker Backseat Barker Orthopedic Shock Absorbing Dog Bed For Back Of SUV’s
What’s Good About It?
- This bed is a shock absorbing dog bed made with 2-Stage American Made foam construction. The top layer is therapeutic comfort foam, and the bottom layer is shock-absorbing foam. Protects joints and bones but is also comfortable
- Great for dogs of most sizes
- It has flexible sizing with ‘pillow wings’ that adapt to the width of your SUV
- Easy to clean – machine washable
- Has hidden zippers to discourage chewers from finding them and trying to chew on the zippers
- Very easy to install and remove from your car
- You can use this as a travel bed or an extra bed at home
- Comes with a “extra-grip” non-slip insert!
- Made in the USA
- Comes in 2 different colors for different car interiors – khaki, and charcoal grey
Comes in three different sizes:
- Medium – 55 x 25 x 3 inches
- Large – 58 x 35 x 3 inches
- Extra Large – 61 x 45 x 3 inches
What Could Be Improved?
- For the price, it would be nice if the main base was a little thicker, but it still provides good support and comfort
Best Dog Bed For Back Of SUV or Car Boot: Buyer’s Guide
How To Pick A Dog Bed Size For The Back Of You SUV?
The dimensions listed above for the Big Barker bed are for total width of the bed, including pillow wings.
The bed should be wider than the SUV so the pillows lean against side walls for extra protection.
It’s important to compare the length, width and depth of the bed to available length, width and depth in your SUV. Physically measure the space in the back of your SUV to check how much space the bed will take up.
Examples of car models that the bed might fit are:
- Medium: Ford Escape, Chevy Equinox, Jeep Latitude
- Large: Ford Edge, Honda CRV, Jeep Grand Cherokee
- Extra Large: Ford Explorer, Chevy Suburban, Dodge Grand Caravan
Can The Bed Be Removed And Used As A Normal Bed At Home?
Yes, it can. It’s easy to put in the car, and also to take out.
For the price you are paying, you are basically get a two in one dog bed, so it makes it better value for money than other dog beds.
TheDailyShep.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc., or its affiliates.
Additionally, TheDailyShep.com participates in various other affiliate programs, and we sometimes get a commission through purchases made through our links.
TheDailyShep.com are not veterinarians, or animal professionals/experts. Information provided is for informational purposes only – it is not a substitute for professional or qualified advice.
The information is based on either our own thorough research, and/or own experiences, as a means of free speech.
By consuming this information, you accept that TheDailyShep.com do not have client or patient relationship with you, and TheDailyShep.com are not advising you to act on anything you read.
You should always consult your own veterinarian, animal expert, or health care professional and follow their advice before making decisions on all matters.
You can find our full set of disclaimers and T & C’s in the footer of this site.
Enjoy your reading, and thank you for being here