Aluminium dog crates are a good alternative to steel dog crates.
The best aluminium dog crates will not only be strong, but more lightweight than a heavy duty steel crate because aluminium is a lighter material than heavier steels.
Speaking of heavy duty, aluminium dog crates are usually heavy duty and are great for destructive dogs, dogs that are escape artists, dogs that chew and dogs that scratch.
So, they are for a specific type of dog.
If this sounds like something you’re looking for, let’s check out the options!
Best Aluminium Dog Crate: Reviews & Buyer’s Guide
Our top picks for the best aluminium dog crates are the Zinger Winger heavy duty aluminium dog crates.
Specifically two of the more popular crate series’, the Deluxe and Professional series crates:
Deluxe Series – Front Entry
- Zinger Winger DX 5000 Deluxe Aluminium Dog Crate (On Amazon)
- Zinger Winger DX 4500 Deluxe Aluminium Dog Crate (On Amazon)
- Zinger Winger DX 4000 Deluxe Aluminium Dog Crate (On Amazon)
- Zinger Winger DX 3000 Deluxe Aluminium Dog Crate (On Amazon)
“Escape Artist” Professional Series – Front Entry
- Zinger Winger PR5000 Professional Series Aluminium Dog Cate (on Amazon)
- Zinger Winger PR4500 Professional Series Aluminium Dog Cate (on Amazon)
- Zinger Winger PR4000 Professional Series Aluminium Dog Cate (on Amazon)
- Zinger Winger PR3000 Professional Series Aluminium Dog Cate (on Amazon)
The Impact Aluminium dog crates are also quite good. Two of their more popular crates are the Stationary and Collapsible crates:
Impact Case Stationary Dog Crate Series
Impact Case Stationary Dog Crate – Size 500 (on Amazon) – Inner Dimensions 40L X 30T X 27W
Impact Case Stationary Dog Crate – Size 450 (on Amazon) – Inner Dimensions 40L X 28T X 22.5W
Impact Case Stationary Dog Crate – Size 400 (on Amazon) – Inner Dimensions 34L X 28T X 22.5W
Impact Case Collapsible Dog Crate Series
Impact Case Collapsible Dog Crate – Size 450 (on Amazon) – Inner Dimensions 40.5L X 28T X 22.5W
Impact Case Collapsible Dog Crate – Size 400 (on Amazon) – Inner Dimensions 34L X 28T X 22.5W
Impact Case Collapsible Dog Crate – Size 300 (on Amazon) – Inner Dimensions 30L X 22T X 20W
**NOTE: Make sure you check the dimensions (L x W x H), and the maximum weight capacity of the crate and that both fit your dog.
For example, the DX5000 Deluxe Series Crate measures 28″W x 32″H x 40″L. This crate also accommodates dogs up to 150lbs.
*Dog crate bed is sold separately – you might look at the MidWest Deluxe Bolster Pet Bed for Dogs (on Amazon)
Best Aluminium Dog Crate: Reviews
Zinger Winger Deluxe Series
Read the Zinger Winger Deluxe Series review here.
Zinger Winger “Escape Artist” Professional Series
Impact Case Aluminium Dog Crates
Read the Impact Case Dog Crate reviews here.
Best Aluminium Dog Crate: Buyer’s Guide
Where Can I Read More About Zinger Winger and Impact Case Aluminium Dog Crates?
Check out this Zinger Winger Dog Crates Reviews/Buyer’s Guide post.
You can find more information like what other dog crates Zinger Winger offer, and what the difference between the deluxe and professional series is.
Same thing goes for the Impact Case Dog Crates in this guide and reviews.
What Are Aluminium Dog Crates?
Aluminium dog crates are dog crates made primarily of aluminium as opposed to say other popular dog crates that might be made of metal wire, steel, plastic or soft nylon fabric (like the soft sided dog crates).
If we take Zinger Winger crates for example, they are made of strong but lightweight aircraft grade aluminium – which is one third the weight of steel.
Who Are Aluminium Dog Crates For?
In a nutshell – Zinger Winger crates are built for strength, and security – more strength and security than standard wire crates. Specifically:
- People looking for dog crates that have a stronger construction that the standard metal wire crates
- People looking for dog crates that have stronger locking systems than standard dog crates
- People looking for dog crates that are built to last years
- People looking for specialised dog crates for ‘escape artist’ dogs for example
Who Are Aluminium Dog Crates Not For?
- People on a budget
- People who don’t have a need to spend the extra money on the added strength and security of an aluminium crate
- People who have a dog that is suitable for a standard metal wire crate, plastic crate, soft crate or heavy duty steel crate
What Size Aluminium Dog Crate Should I Get?
Check these two things and measure your dog for:
- The weight capacity for the crate or kennel
- The height, length and width of the kennel should be 3-4 inches taller and longer than your pet so there’s ample space to fully stand up, easily turn around and comfortably lie all the way down
Alternative To An Aluminium Dog Crate
If you are looking for a similar dog crate to an aluminium dog crate, you should probably check out a heavy duty steel dog crate.
The Proselect Empire Steel Dog Crate is a popular but also good heavy duty dog crate alternative to the Zinger Winger crates.
Check out the Proselect Steel Dog Crate review here.
TheDailyShep.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc., or its affiliates.
Additionally, TheDailyShep.com participates in various other affiliate programs, and we sometimes get a commission through purchases made through our links.
TheDailyShep.com are not veterinarians, or animal professionals/experts. Information provided is for informational purposes only – it is not a substitute for professional or qualified advice.
The information is based on either our own thorough research, and/or own experiences, as a means of free speech.
By consuming this information, you accept that TheDailyShep.com do not have client or patient relationship with you, and TheDailyShep.com are not advising you to act on anything you read.
You should always consult your own veterinarian, animal expert, or health care professional and follow their advice before making decisions on all matters.
You can find our full set of disclaimers and T & C’s in the footer of this site.
Enjoy your reading, and thank you for being here