Hardware mounted dog gates are different to pressure mounted dog gates, and freestanding dog gates.
They have the advantage of having a more solid fixing, and therefore being more securely held in place.
Some dog gates also allow you both pressure and wall/hardware mounting, so you get the best of both worlds.
Let’s check out some of the best hardware mounted dog gate options!
(NOTE: this is a general information guide only, and is not professional advice, or a substitute for professional advice. A qualified vet or animal expert is the only person qualified to give you expert advice in regards to your pet/s)
Best Hardware Mounted Dog Gate: Top Rated List
Our top picks for the best hardware mounted dog gates are:
- MyPet Windsor Extra Wide Arch Pet Gate (on Chewy) – heavy-duty stainless-steel construction, and adjusts to fit openings 38.3 to 72 inches wide, and is 30 inches high
- MyPet Windsor Walk Thru Swing Gate (on Chewy) – fit openings 28.68 to 47.85 inches wide and is 31 inches high
- North States Supergate Deluxe Dècor Gate (on Amazon) – 30 inches high and fits openings 38.3 to 72 inches wide. Or, up to 13 feet with additional extensions.
- Summer Infant Multi-Use Deco Extra Tall Walk Through Gate (on Amazon) – 36 inches tall, fits openings 28-48″ wide.
- Regalo 192-Inch Super Wide Adjustable Gate and Play Yard, 4-In-1 (on Amazon) – 28 inches tall, and fits openings up to 192 inches wide.
- Evenflo Expansion/Retractable Walk Through Room Divider Gate (on Amazon) – is 32″ tall, and fits openings 24 to 60″ wide
Best Hardware Mounted Dog Gate: Reviews
- Reviews coming soon
- In the meantime – the list of gates above are generally some of the best rated hardware mounted gates. Pick a gate that is tall enough, but also fits the size of opening you need to block off
Best Hardware Mounted Dog Gate: Buyer’s Guide
What’s Good About Hardware Mounted Dog Gates?
- They allow you to fix the dog gate directly into the wall and get a really strong/secure mounting of the gate compared to pressure mounting.
- For bigger and heavier dog gates, or dog gates where the entire gate swings out, wall and hardware mounted dog gates are better than pressure mounting
Any Drawbacks To Wall/Hardware Mounted Dog Gates?
- Wall/hardware mounted dog gates involve drilling/screwing into your wall, which means permanent alteration to your wall, compared to pressure mounting which leaves no marks
What Size Hardware Mounted Dog Gate Should You Get?
It usually depends on two things:
- the size of your dog. The bigger the dog, usually the taller of a dog gate you want to get
- the width of the opening or space you want to block off. The bigger the opening, the wider of a dog gate you want to get.
Types Of Pet Gates
Some of the major types of pet gates to be aware of are:
- Pressure mounted pet gates
- Hardware mounted gates
- Freestanding gates
- 2 in 1, or All in one gates – might combine freestanding, pressure mounted, hardware mounted, and exercise pen capabilities
Some types of gates may also be:
- Extra tall
- Extra wide
- Be built with heavier duty materials
- + have other specific characteristics
A Few Other Things To Be Aware Of When Buying A Pet Gate
- Make sure you measure the size of the opening you want to install the gate into, and check what size opening the gate is suitable for
- Make sure the gate is tall enough for pets you want to keep contained, and that your pets won’t knock it over, try to jump it, or break it
- Check the gate will be able to be secured properly and safely for your intended uses
- Check the age of child the gate is designed for (if you intend on using it for kids too)
- Check that the gate meets any relevant safety regulations and standards, and is going to be safe for the intended use in general
- Read the set up, operation and safety instructions prior to use
- Check the gate aesthetically matches in with your home
- Check if the gate is a multiple use gate
- Check if any add ons, kits or extensions come with the gate
TheDailyShep.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc., or its affiliates.
Additionally, TheDailyShep.com participates in various other affiliate programs, and we sometimes get a commission through purchases made through our links.
TheDailyShep.com are not veterinarians, or animal professionals/experts. Information provided is for informational purposes only – it is not a substitute for professional or qualified advice.
The information is based on either our own thorough research, and/or own experiences, as a means of free speech.
By consuming this information, you accept that TheDailyShep.com do not have client or patient relationship with you, and TheDailyShep.com are not advising you to act on anything you read.
You should always consult your own veterinarian, animal expert, or health care professional and follow their advice before making decisions on all matters.
You can find our full set of disclaimers and T & C’s in the footer of this site.
Enjoy your reading, and thank you for being here