When it comes to robotic vacuums, as a pet owner you have to look for models that can deal with pet hair.
It should be noted that robotic vacuums in general are really only for thin hair, or smaller quantities of loose hair.
You will have to get a more powerful upright vac if you want to suck up thick hair, large quantities of hair or deeply trapped hair.
Having said that, if a light vac is what you’re after, we’ve put together this guide for the Best Robotic Vacuum For Dog/Pet Hair on the market.
There’s both affordable and more higher end models to choose from.
Let’s check them out!
(NOTE: this is a general information guide only, and is not professional advice, or a substitute for professional advice. A qualified vet or animal expert is the only person qualified to give you expert advice in regards to your pet/s)
Best Robotic Vacuum For Dog/Pet Hair in 2019/20: Reviews & Buyer’s Guide
Our top picks for the best robo vacs for dog and pet hair are:
Best Affordable Robo Vacs For Pet Hair
- eufy Robovac 11S Robotic Vacuum Cleaner (on Amazon)
- ILIFE V3S Pro Robotic Vacuum Cleaner For Pet Hair (on Amazon)
- ECOVACS DEEBOT N79S Robot Vacuum Cleaner (on Amazon)
Best High Quality/Premium Robo Vacs For Pet Hair
- bObsweep PetHair Plus Robotic Vacuum Cleaner & Mop (on Amazon)
- bObsweep bObi Pet Robotic Vacuum Cleaner (on Amazon)
- Neato Botvac D5 Connected Robot Vacuum (on Amazon)
- iRobot Roomba 960 Robot Vacuum Cleaner (on Amazon)
- iRobot Roomba 980 Robot Vacuum Cleaner (on Amazon)
Best Robotic Vacuum For Dog/Pet Hair: Reviews
- eufy Robovac 11S Review
- ILIFE V3s Pro Robotic Vacuum/Mop Review
- ECOVACS DEEBOT N79S Robo Vac Review
- bObsweep PetHair Plus Review
- bObsweep bObi Pet Review
- Neato Botvac D5 Connected Robo Vac Review
- iRobot Roomba 960 Review
- iRobot Roomba 980 Review
Best Robotic Vacuum For Dog/Pet Hair: Buyer’s Guide
What To Look For In Robotic Vacuums For Pet Hair
- Whether it’s just a vacuum, or whether it’s a 2 in 1 vacuum and mop
- What height of incline it can climb (for carpet and flooring surface edges)
- How powerful the vacuum suction is
- Whether it is hand remote controlled, or smartphone app controlled
- What sort of remote it has – standard, or advanced
- What Wi-Fi Connectivity it has – 2.4 GHz only or 5 GHz as well
- Whether it is Alexa voice compatible
- Whether is has touchscreen buttons
- Whether the vac can be automatically scheduled
- What sort of brush it has – single brush, double brush, pet bar beater brush
- Whether it cleans a single room, or multiple rooms
- What surfaces it is for – most robo vacs are for thin carpets and hard surfaces, but not thick/plush carpets
- How many cleaning modes it has
- What cleaning modes it has (auto, spot cleaning, turbo/max suction modes etc.)
- Whether it has object, and cliff sensors
- What sort of navigation system it has – laser navigation system, camera navigation system etc
- What sort of rechargeable battery it has – lithium ion? NiMH?
- How long the battery runs for
- How long the battery takes to charge
- Whether it automatically docks and charges when the battery is low
- Whether it has side brushes for walls and edges
- What sort of dust filter is has
- How big the dust container is
- How long the warranty is
A Note On Vacuums For Pet Hair
Robotic vacuums are light cleaning vacuums. They are mainly only for light/fine hair, low quantity hair amounts, and loose fur.
For thick hair, high quantities of hair and deeply lodged hair – get a full size powerful upright vac.
The Shark Rotator TruePet Upright Corded Bagless Vacuum (on Amazon) is a popular upright vacuum for pet hair.
If there is enough hair, you may want to dislodge and brush up some of the hair yourself first to prevent it clogging the vac or so that you ensure it actually gets picked up.
A Note On Thick & Plush Carpets
Most robotic vacuums don’t handles thick or plush carpets well. They are much better on thin carpet or hard surfaces.
For thick carpets, you may want an upright vacuum with deep cleaning ability and a pet hair vacuum brush.
A Note On Automatic vs Manual Vacuums
Robotic vacuum are automatic operating rechargeable battery vacuums. They operate on a pre determined cleaning pattern with navigation, mapping and guidance systems, and are limited somewhat by their wheels and climbing inclines (like rug edges, stairs etc.)
Consider this in your purchasing decision.
An upright vac gives you more flexibility, power, control and range.
TheDailyShep.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc., or its affiliates.
Additionally, TheDailyShep.com participates in various other affiliate programs, and we sometimes get a commission through purchases made through our links.
TheDailyShep.com are not veterinarians, or animal professionals/experts. Information provided is for informational purposes only – it is not a substitute for professional or qualified advice.
The information is based on either our own thorough research, and/or own experiences, as a means of free speech.
By consuming this information, you accept that TheDailyShep.com do not have client or patient relationship with you, and TheDailyShep.com are not advising you to act on anything you read.
You should always consult your own veterinarian, animal expert, or health care professional and follow their advice before making decisions on all matters.
You can find our full set of disclaimers and T & C’s in the footer of this site.
Enjoy your reading, and thank you for being here