Ultimately, when it comes to dog clipper blades and combs, different clippers are going to be compatible with different blades and combs.
The best way to know which blades and combs your clipper is compatible with is to read the product description of the clipper – this should tell you about compatibility.
Having said that, for the more popular brands of clippers on the market, they do make their own blades and guide combs.
You can read more about each of them from brands like Andis, Oster and Wahl below.
Let’s check them out!
(NOTE: this is a general information guide only, and is not professional advice, or a substitute for professional advice. A qualified vet or animal expert is the only person qualified to give you expert advice in regards to your pet/s)
(*Friendly Disclosure – links to retailers or brands on this page may include affiliate links, and we may receive a commission when you purchase through these links)
Best Dog Clipper Blades & Guide Combse
If you prefer, you can go straight to viewing some of the most popular detachable dog clipper blades here:
Andis CeramicEdge Blades & UltraEdge Blades
- Andis UltraEdge Detachable 10 Blade (on Chewy)
- Andis CeramicEdge Detachable 30 Blade (on Chewy)
- Andis UltraEdge 7 Skip Tooth Blade (on Amazon)
- Andis UltraEdge 2 Blade (on Amazon)
- Most Of The Range Of The Andis CeramicEdge Blades (on Amazon)
- Most Of The Range Of The Andis UltraEdge Blades (on Amazon)
Oster Cryogen-X Blades
- Oster CryogenX Replacement Blades, Various Sizes (on Chewy)
- Oster Cryogen-X Size 10 Blade (on Amazon)
- Oster Cryogen-X Size 7F Blade (on Amazon)
- Other Cryogen-X Blades (on Amazon)
Wahl Individual Clipper Blades & Guide Combs
- Wahl Ultimate Competition Fine Detachable Ultimate Blade, Size 10 (on Chewy)
- Wahl Professional Animal Ultimate Series Blades (on Amazon) – fit the KM10™, KM5™, KM2, KM2 Deluxe, Power Grip®, SS-Pro®, and Stable Pro® Plus clippers. They also fit Andis and Oster detachable blade clippers.
- Wahl Professional Animal Competition Series Blades (on Amazon) – fit the same clippers as the Ultimate Series
- Wahl Professional Animal Stainless Steel Guide Combs (on Amazon) – universal guide combs for most detachable blade clippers
- Wahl Professional Animal Stainless Steel Attachment Guide Comb Set (on Amazon) – for Wahl 5 in 1 Blade Clippers
Types Of Dog Clipper Blades & Guide Combs
Blades and guide combs that go on dog clippers are different.
Blades are the metal/steel blades you put on the clipper or that come with the clipper, whilst guide combs are the plastic combs that clip over the top of a blade.
Both of them help you clip your dog or pet’s hair to different lengths – both long and short.
There are different types of blades including:
Standard one size detachable blades
5 In 1 Blades – can adjust to 5 different length cuts
Adjustable blades – can adjust to 3 different length cuts
These blades can be made from or coated with different materials.
You then have guide combs which can be either plastic, or stainless steel and come in different sized sets.
Below are some of the more popular blades and guide combs from some of the most popular brands…
Andis Dog Hair Grooming Clipper Blades
Have a cooler running ceramic cutter than the UltraEdge blades. They fit Andis detachable blade clippers.
The original detachable blade by Andis before the CeramicEdge blades came out. They fit Andis detachable blade clippers.
An UltraEdge vs CeramicEdge blade comparison outlining the main differences and similarities.
Designed for creating a fine and smooth finish on a dog’s coat without leaving tracks from the blade in the hair.
They are meant to provide a finer cut with fewer passes through the hair.
They fit Andis detachable blade clippers.
Wahl Dog Grooming Hair Clipper Blades
Wahl has a range of blades and guide combs for their clippers including but not limited to:
Ultimate and Competition Series blabes
5 in 1 blades
Some Wahl clippers are made to take the detachable Ultimate and Competition Series blades, some take the 5 in 1 blades and some take the adjustable blades.
Oster Dog Hair Grooming Clipper Blades
The Cryogen-X blades are detachable high carbon steel clipper blades that fit on most of Oster’s popular pet grooming clippers – most of Oster’s clippers take detachable blades.
They are designed to run cooler than Oster’s other blades, require less sharpening, and have an extended blade life.
Where To Read More About Some Of The Best Dog Clippers
You can read reviews about the above brands of dog and pet clippers in these guides:
Some individual reviews of some of the best clippers are:
- oneisall Dog Shaver Clippers Review Guide
- Andis ProClip AGC2 Professional 2 Speed Dog Clippers Review Guide
Other Animal & Dog Clippers
You can check out some of the best dog clippers on the market at the moment in this guide.
TheDailyShep.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc., or its affiliates.
Additionally, TheDailyShep.com participates in various other affiliate programs, and we sometimes get a commission through purchases made through our links.
TheDailyShep.com are not veterinarians, or animal professionals/experts. Information provided is for informational purposes only – it is not a substitute for professional or qualified advice.
The information is based on either our own thorough research, and/or own experiences, as a means of free speech.
By consuming this information, you accept that TheDailyShep.com do not have client or patient relationship with you, and TheDailyShep.com are not advising you to act on anything you read.
You should always consult your own veterinarian, animal expert, or health care professional and follow their advice before making decisions on all matters.
You can find our full set of disclaimers and T & C’s in the footer of this site.
Enjoy your reading, and thank you for being here