When putting together this Best Dog/Pet Bike Trailer Reviews Guide, we wanted to make it much easier and simpler for you to pick a suitable trailer quickly.
We’ve put together a list of some of the best rated pet bike trailers for small, medium sized and larger pets.
You can find out the main features as well as the potential drawbacks of each of these trailers all in the one place.
Let’s check out what your best options might be!
(NOTE: this is a general information guide only, and is not professional advice, or a substitute for professional advice. A qualified vet or animal expert is the only person qualified to give you expert advice in regards to your pet/s)
Best Dog/Pet Bike Trailer: Reviews & Buyer’s Guide
Our top picks for the best dog bike trailers are:
Pet Bike Trailers For Smaller to Medium Pets
Schwinn Rascal Pet Trailer (on Amazon) – for pets up to 50lbs, that can fit inside a trailer compartment that measures 18 inches W x 28 inches L x 16 inches H
Doggyhut Medium Pet Bike Trailer, Red Color (on Amazon), or Doggyhut Medium Pet Bike Trailer, Blue Color (on Amazon) – for pets up to 55lbs, that can fit inside a 27″x17″x20″ cabin
DoggyRide Mini Dog Bike Trailer (on Amazon) – for pets up to 55lbs, that will fit in an interior compartment with dimensions of 23 x 15 x 19 inches. For pets up to 15 inches tall at the shoulder
Best Choice Products Dog Bike Trailer/Stroller (on Amazon) – for pets up to 66lbs, that can fit in an interior cabin with dimensions of 30 inches long x 23″ inches wide x 21″ inches high
Pet Bike Trailers For Larger Pets
DoggyRide Novel Dog Bike Trailer (on Amazon) – for pets up to 110lbs, that can fit inside a trailer compartment that measures 31.5 x 21 x 25.5 inches
PetSafe HoundAbout II Bicycle Trailer (on Amazon) – for pets up to 110lbs, that can fit inside a trailer compartment that measures 33 in. x 22 in. x 26 in.
Burley Tail Wagon Bike Trailer (on Amazon) – for pets up to 75lbs, that can fit in a 32.5 L x 19 W x 23 H in inches interior cabin
Best Dog/Pet Bike Trailer: Reviews
You can read full reviews of the above dog bike trailers here:
Best Dog/Pet Bike Trailer: Buyer’s Guide
What Size Dog/Pet Bike Trailer Should I Get?
Look for two things:
- the weight capacity of the pet bike trailer
- the internal dimensions of the pet bike trailer compartment (make sure your pet can sit, lay down and turn around inside the compartment comfortably given their body size)
It also pay to check out the entry door size into the trailer compartment/cabin.
What Types Of Bikes Do These Pet Trailers Fit On?
Most of the pet trailers come with a universal hitch or standard steel hitch to fit on most adult sized bikes with a rear wheel skewer or attachment near the sprocket.
You can buy an extra hitch if you want to have multiple bikes set up to attach the pet bike trailer to.
Check the type of hitch you get with the pet bike trailer you want and the types of bikes it will and won’t attach to.
Features & Things To Look Out For In Pet Bike Trailers When Buying
- Is it a pet bike trailer only, or is it a stroller/jogger as well?
- What is the weight capacity?
- What size is the compartment/cabin your dog sits it? Can you dog fit inside it comfortably?
- Does the trailer come with a bike hitch? What about a stroller/jogger conversion kit, as well as a trailer kit?
- What size are the wheels on the trailer?
- Are the wheels plastic, or the better quality rubber tire and steel rim wheels?
- What height is the handle bar from the ground if the trailer has a stroller kit?
- Does the pet trailer have storage pockets?
- How many, and how big are the entry/exit doors into the pet trailer?
- Does the pet trailer have good ventilation via mesh windows?
- Are there leash or harness connectors inside the pet trailer to secure your pet inside?
- Does the pet trailer come with a matt/pad, or do you have to buy one for the pet trailer base for your pet to lay on?
- Can the pet trailer fold flat?
- What safety features does the pet trailer come with – safety flags, reflective strips?
TheDailyShep.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc., or its affiliates.
Additionally, TheDailyShep.com participates in various other affiliate programs, and we sometimes get a commission through purchases made through our links.
TheDailyShep.com are not veterinarians, or animal professionals/experts. Information provided is for informational purposes only – it is not a substitute for professional or qualified advice.
The information is based on either our own thorough research, and/or own experiences, as a means of free speech.
By consuming this information, you accept that TheDailyShep.com do not have client or patient relationship with you, and TheDailyShep.com are not advising you to act on anything you read.
You should always consult your own veterinarian, animal expert, or health care professional and follow their advice before making decisions on all matters.
You can find our full set of disclaimers and T & C’s in the footer of this site.
Enjoy your reading, and thank you for being here