The Andis Happy Hour 5 Speed+ is a corded animal clipper that has a speed up to 4500 strokes per minute.
It works with Andis detachable grooming blades, and can be used by either amateurs or professionals.
In this Andis Happy Hour 5 Speed+ Detachable Blade Clipper Review, we list some of the other main features and potential drawbacks for those researching clippers or looking at buying.
Let’s check it out!
(NOTE: this is a general information guide only, and is not professional advice, or a substitute for professional advice. A qualified vet or animal expert is the only person qualified to give you expert advice in regards to your pet/s)
Andis Happy Hour 5 Speed+ Detachable Blade Clipper: Review & Buyer’s Guide
If you prefer, you can go straight to viewing the Andis Happy Hour 5 Speed+ Detachable Blade Clipper here:
Andis Happy Hour 5 Speed+ Detachable Blade Clipper (on Amazon) – comes with a #10 CeramicEdge blade
Common extras/accessories you might consider with this Andis clipper unit are:
- Andis 7FC CeramicEdge Carbon-Infused Steel Pet Clipper Blade (on Amazon) – for very matted, or very thick hair
- Andis Cool Care Plus Clipper Blade Cleaner (on Amazon) – acts as a coolant, disinfectant, lubricant and cleaner
- Andis Blade Care Plus Dip Jar, 16 oz (on Amazon) – cools, deodorizes, lubricates, cleans, prevents rust and decontaminates blades
- Andis Pet Clipper Comb Set (on Amazon) – plastic combs you clip onto the blade
Andis Happy Hour 5 Speed+ Detachable Blade Clipper: Review
- A corded animal clipper with a cute animal design on it
- A 5 speed clipper that allows speed changes with one button. This clipper works at up to 4500 strokes per minute
- You can also use the lower speeds down to 2500 SPM for lighter grooming jobs
- This clipper works with Andis detachable blades
- The clipper unit is 0.80 lbs in weight, and is 6.25 in. in length
- Has a 14 foot electrical cord
- Has a 120V | 60Hz motor
- Comes with a CeramicEdge #10 blade
- Clipper comes in different colors
- You get a #10 blade with the clippers, but you’ll have to buy other blades separately
- As of 2017/18, it appears some people ordering through Amazon are being sent out previously used or refurbished clippers that don’t work or work poorly. If you do order through Amazon, check the serial number when you get them and ring Andis to confirm you have been sent a new clipper and that the warranty is valid should you have any issues
- Overall, the clippers are very good in construction and performance, even considering the higher price. However, if you want to get them it’s probably better to order directly through the Andis site to prevent being sent a ‘lemon’ model. If you want to avoid this model altogether, a good and versatile two speed model with speeds between 3400 to 4400 strokes per minute is the Andis UltraEdge Super 2-Speed ACG2 Clipper
Andis Happy Hour 5 Speed+ Detachable Blade Clipper: Buyer’s Guide
Who Might The Andis Happy Hour 5 Speed+ Detachable Blade Clipper Be For?
- Those looking for a corded pet clipper
- Those looking for a multi speed pet clipper
- Those looking for a detachable blade clipper
- Amateurs and professionals
Who Might The Andis Happy Hour 5 Speed+ Detachable Blade Clipper NOT Be For?
- Those looking for a cordless pet clipper
- Those looking for a cheap pet clipper
Where To Read More About Andis UltraEdge & CeramicEdge Blades?
You can read these guides:
Where To Find More Information On What Blades To Use On What Dogs?
If you Google ‘Andis Grooming Chart’, Andis has a PDF you can check out that suggests the different blades to use for each breed, or dogs in general.
For specific breeds, you might groom in a specific style.
Google ‘Andis Poodle Grooming Guide’ for a poodle grooming guide and you can find blade selection tips for different styles like Sporting, Puppy, Miami, Bichon etc.
Do the same thing and replace ‘poodle’ with the name of the breed you want to groom to find their relevant guides.
TheDailyShep.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc., or its affiliates.
Additionally, TheDailyShep.com participates in various other affiliate programs, and we sometimes get a commission through purchases made through our links.
TheDailyShep.com are not veterinarians, or animal professionals/experts. Information provided is for informational purposes only – it is not a substitute for professional or qualified advice.
The information is based on either our own thorough research, and/or own experiences, as a means of free speech.
By consuming this information, you accept that TheDailyShep.com do not have client or patient relationship with you, and TheDailyShep.com are not advising you to act on anything you read.
You should always consult your own veterinarian, animal expert, or health care professional and follow their advice before making decisions on all matters.
You can find our full set of disclaimers and T & C’s in the footer of this site.
Enjoy your reading, and thank you for being here