When it comes to sporty dog/pet carrier backpacks, there’s two that stand out – the Ruffit and k9 Sport Sack dog backpacks.
We thought putting together a Ruffit Dog Carrier vs k9 Sport Sack comparison would be helpful to compare the features and drawbacks of each backpack.
You can also get a better idea of which dog backpack carrier is better for you and your dog.
Let’s check them out!
Ruffit Dog Carrier vs k9 Sport Sack Comparison: Which Is Better?
If you want to go straight to viewing either of the backpack carriers, you can do so here:
k9 Sport Sack AIR (on Amazon) – for dogs up to 30lbs, and measuring anywhere between 10 up to 23 inches from their collar to the base of their tail.
Ruffit Dog Carrier (on Amazon) – for dogs less than 25 lbs, and measuring more than 10 inches and less than 18 inches from their collar to the base of their tail
Ruffit Dog Carrier vs k9 Sport Sack: Summary – Which Should You Get?
Overall, they both dog backpack carriers, but they have different designs.
- k9 Sport Sack – You’d get this backpack if your dog weighs up to 30 lbs, measures between 10 to 23 inches from collar to base of tail, & you want a backpack that is enclosed around the sides with a head/front legs opening
- Ruffit Dog Carrier – You’d get this backpack if your dog weighs up to 25 lbs, measures between 10 to 18 inches from their collar to the base of their tail, & you are ok with an X strap crossover backpack that leaves your dog’s mid section and back exposed, and essentially has an enclosed pouch for their legs. This design can be a little more difficult for some dogs to fit in, but most are OK as long as you get the size right.
Ruffit Dog Carrier vs k9 Sport Sack: Reviews
Ruffit Dog Carrier vs k9 Sport Sack: Similarities
- Both comes in 4 sizes
- Both comes with a collar loop
- Both come with storage pockets
- Both have a chest strap
- Both have padded shoulder straps
- Both have ventilated sides
Ruffit Dog Carrier vs k9 Sport Sack: Differences
- The k9 Sports Sack has an enclosed bag design, whereas the Ruffit has an open X crossover strap design
- The k9 Sports Sack comes in different colors, whereas the Ruffit only comes in black
- The k9 Sports Sack is for dogs up to 30 lbs, whereas the Ruffit is for dogs up to 25 lbs
- The k9 Sports Sack is for dogs between 10 to 23 inches from collar to base of tail, whereas the Ruffit is for dogs between 10 to 18 inches from their collar to the base of their tail
- The k9 Sports Sack doesn’t have D clips for extra attachments, whereas the Ruffit does
Ruffit Dog Carrier vs k9 Sport Sack: Are There Any Other Dog Carrier Backpacks Worth Looking At?
The Petsfit Dog Carrier Backpack has a similar design to the k9 Sports Sack, except it has more room inside, has a rectangular shape and has 4 mesh ventilation sides.
You can check out a review of the Petsfit Dog Carrier Backpack in this guide.
TheDailyShep.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc., or its affiliates.
Additionally, TheDailyShep.com participates in various other affiliate programs, and we sometimes get a commission through purchases made through our links.
TheDailyShep.com are not veterinarians, or animal professionals/experts. Information provided is for informational purposes only – it is not a substitute for professional or qualified advice.
The information is based on either our own thorough research, and/or own experiences, as a means of free speech.
By consuming this information, you accept that TheDailyShep.com do not have client or patient relationship with you, and TheDailyShep.com are not advising you to act on anything you read.
You should always consult your own veterinarian, animal expert, or health care professional and follow their advice before making decisions on all matters.
You can find our full set of disclaimers and T & C’s in the footer of this site
Enjoy your reading, and thank you for being here