Xiaomi and Neato Botvac have different models in their robotic vacuum ranges.
We take an interest in them, because they have a capacity to help clean up low volumes of pet hair in the house as well as general mess of course.
We’ve put together a Xiaomi vs Neato Botvac Comparison Guide outlining the differences and similarities of their most popular or latest models.
You should be able to get a quick idea of which one is best for you based on your needs.
Let’s take a closer look at them!
(NOTE: this is a general information guide only, and is not professional advice, or a substitute for professional advice. A qualified vet or animal expert is the only person qualified to give you expert advice in regards to your pet/s)
Xiaomi Robot Vacuum vs Neato Botvac: Comparison, & Which To Get
If you prefer, you can go straight to viewing these robo vacs here:
- Xiaomi Mi Robot Vacuum 1st Generation (on Amazon)
- Xiaomi Mi Robot Vacuum 2 (2nd Generation) (on Amazon)
- Neato Botvac D3 Connected Robot Vacuum (on Amazon)
- Neato Botvac D4 Connected Robot Vacuum (on Amazon)
- Neato Botvac D5 Connected Robot Vacuum (on Amazon)
- Neato Botvac D6 Connected Robot Vacuum (on Amazon)
- Neato Botvac D7 Connected Robot Vacuum (on Amazon)
* Note – this is not the full range of robo vacs from each brand. It is a selection of what we think are the most popular, latest or better models
Xiaomi vs Neato Botvac: Which To Get
The 2nd Generation model is the upgraded model over the 1st generation model.
It is a 2 in 1 vacuum and mop, whereas the 1st generation is a vacuum only.
The 2nd generation has slightly better suction, navigation and cleaning technology over the 1st generation.
So, assuming the price is suitable for you, the 2nd generation model is for you if you want an upgraded model.
These are smartphone app controlled robo vacs, with Alexa voice control as well.
The D3 is the most basic of the Neato models, and the D7 is the most advanced.
The models also tend to increase in price from the D3 up to the D7.
For the most features and the best filtration system, and longest battery life – go the D6 or D7.
If a more basic model better suits what you are after, the D3 or D4 may be better options.
The D5 is somewhere in between, and is probably our pick for the best value and best performing of all the models (but this is just our opinion)
Overall, the Neato Connected Series (D3 through to D7) are good as high quality robo vac options.
However, there are also alternative option robo vacs to look at as well…
You can start by checking out the ILIFE robo vacs if you want an affordable option and alternative.
Also, The iRobot Roomba 690, 890, and 960 and 980 models are worth a look as higher price robo vacs.
Xiaomi vs Neato Botvac: Differences
- The 2nd generation is a 2 in 1 vacuum and mop, whereas the 1st generation is a vacuum only
- The 2nd generation has division area cleaning, whereas the 1st generation doesn’t
- The 2nd generation has carpet turbo charging
- The 2nd generation has anti collision flexible glue
- The 2nd generation has LDS(ultra long distance) recharge mode, and the 1st generation has Identification code (static distance)
- The 2nd generation has a Double compass electronic compass, whereas the 1st generation has a Single compass electronic compass
- The 2nd generation has 2000pa max suction, whereas the 1st generation has 1800pa max suction
- The 2nd generation has a Washable filter, whereas the 1st generation has a standard filter
- The 2nd generation has 2cm climbing ability (over floor rises), whereas the 1st generation has 1.5cm climbing ability
- The D3 has a standard filter, a combo brush, and up to 60 minutes charge
- The D4 has a high performance filter, combo brush, No Go Lines, 75 minute battery life and Quick Charging
- The D5 has an Ultra performance filter, combo brush, a side brush, and a 90 min battery life
- The D6 has an Ultra performance filter, Spiral combo brush, Side brush, No Go Lines, Multiple Floor Plans, 120 min battery life and Quick Boost Charging
- The D7 has an Ultra performance filter, Spiral combo brush, side brush, No Go Lines, Multiple Floors Plans, 120 min battery life, Zone Cleaning, 2.4 GHz + 5 GHz Wifi, Manual Drive Remote Control and Quick Boost Charging
- These are smartphone app controlled robo vacs, with Alexa voice control as well.
Xiaomi vs Neato Botvac: Similarities
- Each are robotic vacuums
- Each automatically clean your house
- Each can be controlled remotely
- Each can be used for all floor surfaces – carpet, and hard floors
- Each have a main sweeping brush
- Each have an edge sweeping brush which sweeps debris away from edges and corners
- Each have different cleaning modes
- Each have cliff and object cleaning sensors
- Each have rechargeable batteries
- Each automatically re-dock and re-charge
- Each use dust containers for cleaning debris
- Each have dust filters
- Each come with warranties
Xiaomi vs Neato Botvac: Reviews
- Xiaomi Robot Vacuum 1 (1st Generation) Review
- Xiaomi Robot Vacuum 2 (2nd Generation) Review
- Neato Botvac D3 Connected Robo Vac Review
- Neato Botvac D4 Connected Robo Vac Review
- Neato Botvac D5 Connected Robo Vac Review
- Neato Botvac D6 Connected Robo Vac Review
- Neato Botvac D7 Connected Robo Vac Review
TheDailyShep.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc., or its affiliates.
Additionally, TheDailyShep.com participates in various other affiliate programs, and we sometimes get a commission through purchases made through our links.
TheDailyShep.com are not veterinarians, or animal professionals/experts. Information provided is for informational purposes only – it is not a substitute for professional or qualified advice.
The information is based on either our own thorough research, and/or own experiences, as a means of free speech.
By consuming this information, you accept that TheDailyShep.com do not have client or patient relationship with you, and TheDailyShep.com are not advising you to act on anything you read.
You should always consult your own veterinarian, animal expert, or health care professional and follow their advice before making decisions on all matters.
You can find our full set of disclaimers and T & C’s in the footer of this site.
Enjoy your reading, and thank you for being here