This Summer Infant Decorative Wood & Metal 5 Foot Wide Gate Review & Buyer’s Guide should save you some time & effort in researching pet gates.
We’ve listed the main features and drawbacks of this gate, & outlined who it might be best for – so you can consider whether it’s for you or not.
As a reminder, this gate is 32 inches tall and can fit spaces between 36 to 60 inches wide.
Let’s look at it in closer detail!
(NOTE: this is a general information guide only, and is not professional advice, or a substitute for professional advice. A qualified vet or animal expert is the only person qualified to give you expert advice in regards to your pet/s)
Summer Infant Decorative Wood & Metal 5 Foot Wide Gate: Review & Buyer’s Guide
If you prefer, you can go straight to viewing this gate here:
Summer Infant Decorative Wood & Metal 5 Foot Wide Gate (on Amazon) – 32 inches tall and can fit spaces between 36 to 60 inches wide.
Summer Infant Decorative Wood & Metal 5 Foot Wide Gate: Review
- A decorative type pet gate made with a wood and metal construction
- It is 32-inch tall gate
- It fits openings 36-60 inches wide
- You can install this pet gate with pressure mounts
- It has an extra wide hinged swinging door that opens in either direction
- You can open and close the door with one hand
- For babies 6 months to 2 years
- Meets ASTM Standards as administered by the Juvenile Products Manufacturers Association (JMPA).
- Doesn’t come with hardware for hardware mounting – pressure mounting only
- Sometimes the door latch doesn’t quite line up with the locking mechanism – you can remedy this by getting the gate straight/flush though
- Overall, the gate is quite good. If you are looking for tall or extra wide gates, there are other equally as good and perhaps some slightly better options on the market too. For example, the Dreambaby Chelsea Extra Tall and Wide Gate (on Amazon) is another tall and wide pet gate
Summer Infant Decorative Wood & Metal 5 Foot Wide Gate: Buyer’s Guide
Who Might The Summer Infant Decorative Wood & Metal 5 Foot Wide Gate Be For?
- People who want a decorative metal and wood gate
- People who want a 32-inch tall gate
- People who want a gate that fits openings 36-60 inches wide
- People who want a gate that has a door that opens both ways
Who Might The Summer Infant Decorative Wood & Metal 5 Foot Wide Gate NOT Be For?
- People who want a hardware mounted gate
- People who want a gate taller than 32 inches
- People who want a gate outside the width of 36-60 inches
A Few Things To Be Aware Of When Buying A Pet/Baby Gate
- Make sure you measure the size of the opening you want to install the gate into, and check what size opening the gate is suitable for
- Make sure the gate is tall enough for pets you want to keep contained
- Check the age of child the gate is designed for
- Check if the gate meets any safety regulations and standards
TheDailyShep.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc., or its affiliates.
Additionally, TheDailyShep.com participates in various other affiliate programs, and we sometimes get a commission through purchases made through our links.
TheDailyShep.com are not veterinarians, or animal professionals/experts. Information provided is for informational purposes only – it is not a substitute for professional or qualified advice.
The information is based on either our own thorough research, and/or own experiences, as a means of free speech.
By consuming this information, you accept that TheDailyShep.com do not have client or patient relationship with you, and TheDailyShep.com are not advising you to act on anything you read.
You should always consult your own veterinarian, animal expert, or health care professional and follow their advice before making decisions on all matters.
You can find our full set of disclaimers and T & C’s in the footer of this site.
Enjoy your reading, and thank you for being here