This Richell Wood Freestanding Pet Gate Review & Buyer’s Guide should save you some time & effort in researching pet gates.
We’ve listed the main features and drawbacks of this gate, & outlined who it might be best for – so you can consider whether it’s for you or not.
As a reminder, this gate in large size is 20 inches high, and fits openings from 39.8 to 71.3 inches wide (the gate is adjustable). There’s also a smaller size available.
Both sizes are recommend for small dogs.
Let’s look at it in closer detail!
(NOTE: this is a general information guide only, and is not professional advice, or a substitute for professional advice. A qualified vet or animal expert is the only person qualified to give you expert advice in regards to your pet/s)
Richell Wood Freestanding Pet Gate: Review & Buyer’s Guide
You can go straight to viewing this pet gate here:
Richell Wood Freestanding Pet Gate: Review
- A freestanding pet gate you can step over that doesn’t need to be pressure or hardware mounted
- Has side panels running adjacent the main panels to seal off/contain an area, and to balance the gate
- Has rubber feet to minimise slipping
- Is a wood autumn matter finish color as standard, but also comes in 2 other colors
- Comes in both a small, and a large size
- Large is 20 inches high, and fits openings from 39.8 to 71.3 inches wide (the gate is adjustable)
- There is a 1 ¼” space between the wire slats in the gate
- Recommended for small dogs 6.5 to 17.5 lbs (3-8 kg).
- The wire is 7 gage or 0.144 inches
- Side panels fold in so you can store and transport this pet gate
- For smaller pets only
- The gate is designed as more of a barrier to deter passing, rather than a gate to completely stop passing through by pets
- Overall, if you want a nice wooden freestanding pet gate for small pets, this one is value for money. It’s not suitable for you if you have larger pets and children, or if you want a pressure mounted or hardware mounted pet gate, or if you want a super tall pet gate
Richell Wood Freestanding Pet Gate: Buyer’s Guide
Who Might The Richell Wood Freestanding Pet Gate Be For?
- People who want a freestanding gate
- People who want a gate that is 20 inches high
- People who want a gate that fits openings from 39.8 to 71.3 inches wide (the gate is adjustable)
- People who want a gate for small pets
- People who want a gate you can step over
- People who want a hardwood pet gate
Who Might The Richell Wood Freestanding Pet Gate NOT Be For?
- People who want a pressure mounted or hardware mounted gate
- People who want a taller gate for bigger children or bigger pets
- People who want a super strong/heavy duty metal gate
A Few Things To Be Aware Of When Buying A Pet/Baby Gate
- Make sure you measure the size of the opening you want to install the gate into, and check what size opening the gate is suitable for
- Make sure the gate is tall enough for pets you want to keep contained
- Check the age of child the gate is designed for
- Check if the gate meets any safety regulations and standards
TheDailyShep.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc., or its affiliates.
Additionally, TheDailyShep.com participates in various other affiliate programs, and we sometimes get a commission through purchases made through our links.
TheDailyShep.com are not veterinarians, or animal professionals/experts. Information provided is for informational purposes only – it is not a substitute for professional or qualified advice.
The information is based on either our own thorough research, and/or own experiences, as a means of free speech.
By consuming this information, you accept that TheDailyShep.com do not have client or patient relationship with you, and TheDailyShep.com are not advising you to act on anything you read.
You should always consult your own veterinarian, animal expert, or health care professional and follow their advice before making decisions on all matters.
You can find our full set of disclaimers and T & C’s in the footer of this site.
Enjoy your reading, and thank you for being here