Oster has several corded/electric pet clippers to choose from.
One of those models is the Oster Power Max 2-Speed, which has a top speed up to 4200 strokes per minute.
It’s also a detachable blade clipper that works with Oster Cryogen-X blades.
In this Oster Power Max 2-Speed Clipper Review, we look at the features and potential drawbacks of this clipper and consider whether it’s worth the money you pay for it.
Let’s check it out!
(NOTE: this is a general information guide only, and is not professional advice, or a substitute for professional advice. A qualified vet or animal expert is the only person qualified to give you expert advice in regards to your pet/s)
Oster Power Max 2-Speed Clipper: Review & Buyer’s Guide
If you prefer, you can go straight to viewing the Oster Power Max 2-Speed Clipper here:
Accessories you might get with this clipper might include:
- Oster Cryogen-X 7F Pet Clipper Blade (on Amazon) – a good complement to the #10 blade
- Oster Kool Lube Spray Coolant (on Amazon) – for cooling clipper blades
- Oster A5 Universal Comb Attachment Set, 10-Piece Set (on Amazon) – set of 10 grooming combs
Oster Power Max 2-Speed Clipper: Review
- An electric/corded animal clipper designed for light and heavier grooming jobs
- Presents decent value for money considering the price
- Is a two speed clipper with a low speed, and a top speed up to 4200 strokes per minute
- Works with Oster Cryogen-X detachable blades
- Clipper unit dimensions are 1.6″ H x 1.9″ W x 8.1″ L
- Clipper weighs 1.5lb
- Clipper cord is 12 feet in legth
- Clipper motor runs at 12 Watts
- Comes with a #10 Cryogen-X blade
- Blade can overheat when you use the clippers continuously
- You have to buy extra detachable blades separately
- Overall, for the price, this clipper as a two speed model is pretty good value for money. It has no major design or performance drawbacks. Another good two speed clipper to look at if you want an alternative is the Andis UltraEdge Super 2-Speed AGC2 Dog Grooming Clipper
Oster Power Max 2-Speed Clipper: Buyer’s Guide
Who Might The Oster Power Max 2-Speed Clipper Be For?
- Those looking for a corded clipper
- Those looking for a 2 speed clipper
- Those looking for a detachable blade clipper
Who Might The Oster Power Max 2-Speed Clipper NOT Be For?
- Those looking for a cordless clipper
- Those looking for a variable speed clipper with more than 2 speeds
More Information On The Oster Cryogen-X Clipper Blades
You can read more in this guide about the Oster Cryogen-X Clipper Blades and what they are used for.
TheDailyShep.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc., or its affiliates.
Additionally, TheDailyShep.com participates in various other affiliate programs, and we sometimes get a commission through purchases made through our links.
TheDailyShep.com are not veterinarians, or animal professionals/experts. Information provided is for informational purposes only – it is not a substitute for professional or qualified advice.
The information is based on either our own thorough research, and/or own experiences, as a means of free speech.
By consuming this information, you accept that TheDailyShep.com do not have client or patient relationship with you, and TheDailyShep.com are not advising you to act on anything you read.
You should always consult your own veterinarian, animal expert, or health care professional and follow their advice before making decisions on all matters.
You can find our full set of disclaimers and T & C’s in the footer of this site.
Enjoy your reading, and thank you for being here