Neato has several different models in their Connected and D series.
You can probably group together the D80/85 in the D Series, and then group together the D3, D4, D5, D6 & D7 in the Connected Series.
What we’ve done is put together a Neato Botvac D80/85 vs D3, D4, D5, D6 & D7 Comparison Guide, so you can get an idea of what each model provides.
You can quickly figure out which is best for you.
(NOTE: this is a general information guide only, and is not professional advice, or a substitute for professional advice. A qualified vet or animal expert is the only person qualified to give you expert advice in regards to your pet/s)
Neato Botvac D80/85 vs D3, D4, D5, D6 & D7: Comparison
If you prefer, you can go straight to viewing each model here:
Neato Botvac D80/85 vs D3, D4, D5, D6 & D7: Which To Get?
Overall, the biggest things to note with these models when picking which one to get are probably:
- The D80/85 comes with both a Spiral brush and a combo comb for different types of floors and specifically for picking up pet hair (whereas each other D model only comes with one or the other brush)
- The D3, D4, D5, D6 and D7 models are app controlled with the Neato App, and you can control the vacuums from your phone, smartwatch, Amazon Echo, and Google Home. (whereas the D80/85 model isn’t)
- The D3, D4, D5, D6 and D7 models come with lithium ion batteries with up to 120 minutes run time, whereas the D80/85 only comes with a NiMH battery with 60 minutes run time
Overall, we would probably go with one of the D3, D4, D5, D6 and D7 models – the D5 is a good middle pick with good value for money and good performance.
…NOTE: When we checked Neato’s website on September 24, 2018 – the D80 and D85 had the same specifications and are the same model.
… “The Neato D80 / D85 feature Neato’s exclusive LaserSmart™ technology for a thorough, speedy, and precise clean. These models include a High Performance Filter and Combo Brush that is uniquely designed to pick up pet hair. The Combo Brush is quieter, especially on hard floors like wood and tile.
It tackles up to 3000 square feet of floor space per cleaning cycle with ease and automatically recharges. Neato’s distinct D-shape design allows the D80 / D85 to get deep into corners and close to walls, unlike round robots.
With the LCD screen, you can stop, start, and schedule cleanings on the robot. You can even do spot cleaning at the push of a button.”
Neato Botvac D80/85 vs D3, D4, D5, D6 & D7: Differences
- The D80/85 comes with both a combo and a spiral comb, has a high performance filter, and up to a 60 minute battery life (NiMH)
- The D3 has a standard filter, a combo brush, and up to 60 minutes charge (lithium ion)
- The D4 has a high performance filter, combo brush, No Go Lines, 75 minute battery life and Quick Charging (lithium ion)
- The D5 has an Ultra performance filter, combo brush, a side brush, and a 90 min battery life (lithium ion)
- The D6 has an Ultra performance filter, Spiral combo brush, Side brush, No Go Lines, Multiple Floor Plans, 120 min battery life and Quick Boost Charging (lithium ion)
- The D7 has an Ultra performance filter, Spiral combo brush, side brush, No Go Lines, Multiple Floors Plans, 120 min battery life (lithium ion), Zone Cleaning, 2.4 GHz + 5 GHz Wifi, Manual Drive Remote Control and Quick Boost Charging
Neato Botvac D80/85 vs D3, D4, D5, D6 & D7: Similarities
- All are robo vacs
- All are for hard floors and thin carpets
- All can clean up pet hair, and regular dirt/debris
- All have a D Shape design
- All have LaserSmart mapping & navigation
- All have a rechargeable battery
- All have rechargeable batteries
- All have buttons on the vacuum for one touch cleaning
- All vacuums automatically re-dock and recharge, and resume cleaning
- All vacuums are bagless vacs with containers
- All have smart sensors for detecting drops and objects
- All have a 1 year limited warranty
Neato Botvac D80/85 vs D3, D4, D5, D6 & D7: Reviews
- Neato Botvac D3 Connected Robo Vac Review
- Neato Botvac D4 Connected Robo Vac Review
- Neato Botvac D5 Connected Robo Vac Review
- Neato Botvac D6 Connected Robo Vac Review
- Neato Botvac D7 Connected Robo Vac Review
- Neato Botvac D80/85 Review
TheDailyShep.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc., or its affiliates.
Additionally, TheDailyShep.com participates in various other affiliate programs, and we sometimes get a commission through purchases made through our links.
TheDailyShep.com are not veterinarians, or animal professionals/experts. Information provided is for informational purposes only – it is not a substitute for professional or qualified advice.
The information is based on either our own thorough research, and/or own experiences, as a means of free speech.
By consuming this information, you accept that TheDailyShep.com do not have client or patient relationship with you, and TheDailyShep.com are not advising you to act on anything you read.
You should always consult your own veterinarian, animal expert, or health care professional and follow their advice before making decisions on all matters.
You can find our full set of disclaimers and T & C’s in the footer of this site.
Enjoy your reading, and thank you for being here