In this guide, we have done a MidWest Puppy Playpen review & buyer’s guide.
The thing about the MidWest Puppy Playpen is that it is actually a crate with various levels for puppies, rather than an actual playpen. If you were wanting to check out the best puppy playpens, you can check out this guide.
In this guide we check out the overall main features and drawbacks of this crate to see if it’s worth the money.
Let’s take a look at it more closely!
(NOTE: this is a general information guide only, and is not professional advice, or a substitute for professional advice. A qualified vet or animal expert is the only person qualified to give you expert advice in regards to your pet/s)
MidWest Puppy Playpen (Split Level Puppy Crate): Review & Buyer’s Guide
If you prefer, you can go straight to check out the MidWest Puppy Playpen here:
MidWest Puppy Playpen: Review
- A split level puppy crate
- Comes in 3 sizes – small, medium and large
- The biggest size, large, measures 48.5L x 49W x 31.75H inches
- The crate comes with either a 1/2 inch or 1 inch adjustable floor grid – floor grid is designed to be safe on the puppy’s paws and body
- The floor grid sits above the level of the bottom plastic pan, and your puppy/s can be on the floor grid so they stay off the pan where there might be mess
- Crate has front door and top opening access points
- The crate folds flat for storage and transport
- Pan is easy to clean and slides out – you can place puppy pads or newspaper on the pan
- Waste can still get caught on the floor grid/grate
- The plastic pan could be better quality and stronger – they feel a bit flimsy
- Tray is shallow and doesn’t hold a lot of liquid
- The front opening allows a puppy to get out of the crate and crawl under into the tray section if left open – so keep it closed
- Overall, the crate is OK. You definitely want to look at get a better bottom pan though, that is preferably thicker, deeper and stronger. Look at either getting a replacement dog crate pan like the MidWest Homes Replacement Crate Pan (on Amazon), and sitting the crate on that, or sit the crate on a puppy litter pan or whelping pad like the EZwhelp Washable Whelping & Puppy Pad (on Amazon), which you can remove, clean and reposition as you need to.
MidWest Puppy Playpen: Buyer’s Guide
What Is The MidWest Puppy Playpen?
It’s a two level puppy crate, designed for keeping puppies on the top level, and letting waste fall through to the bottom pan.
What Size MidWest Puppy Playpen To Get?
MidWest give you the dimensions of each crate in terms of height, width and length.
Makes sure your puppy or puppies can fit in and have enough space individually in the crate size you are looking at.
Where To Check Out The Top Puppy Playpens?
You can check out the top rated puppy playpens on the market in this guide.
Where To Check Out The Best Dog Exercise Pens?
You can check out some of the other top rated dog exercise pens on the market in this guide.
TheDailyShep.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc., or its affiliates.
Additionally, TheDailyShep.com participates in various other affiliate programs, and we sometimes get a commission through purchases made through our links.
TheDailyShep.com are not veterinarians, or animal professionals/experts. Information provided is for informational purposes only – it is not a substitute for professional or qualified advice.
The information is based on either our own thorough research, and/or own experiences, as a means of free speech.
By consuming this information, you accept that TheDailyShep.com do not have client or patient relationship with you, and TheDailyShep.com are not advising you to act on anything you read.
You should always consult your own veterinarian, animal expert, or health care professional and follow their advice before making decisions on all matters.
You can find our full set of disclaimers and T & C’s in the footer of this site.
Enjoy your reading, and thank you for being here