If you’re looking for a dog & pet carrier backpack, you’ll want to take a quick look at this k9 Sport Sack Review.
We consider the features & drawbacks oft his dog backpack, and summarise who it might & might not be for.
We also look at whether there are any better dog carrier backpacks on the market as an alternative.
Let’s get into it!
(*Friendly Disclosure – links to retailers or brands on this page may include affiliate links, and we may receive a commission when you purchase through these links)
k9 Sport Sack AIR Review & Buyer’s Guide
If you want to go straight to checking out the k9 Sport Sack, you can do so here:
k9 Sport Sack AIR (on Amazon) – for dogs up to 30lbs, and measuring anywhere between 10 up to 23 inches from their collar to the base of their tail.
k9 Sport Sack AIR: Review
- A dog/pet carrier backpack used for carrying your dog around and outdoor adventures
- For dogs up to 30lbs (dogs over 30lbs void the warranty)
- It is fully enclosed (you zip it up around your dog) and allows your dog to put it’s front legs out the top and rest them on your shoulder, and have their head exposed too
- Comes in a range of sizes from small to Large – for dogs that measures anywhere between 10 up to 23 inches from their collar to the base of their tail.
- Comes in a range of colors
- Has a sternum strap for extra security on your body
- Overall with the straps – it has adjustable neck straps, side straps, chest straps and shoulder straps
- Has a safety D ring to hook up your dog’s collar at the top of the backpack
- Has dual side pockets for storage
- Has ventilated sides
- Has a whistle clip
- Has velcro sides for attaching different items
- Has a 20mm thick bottom rest pad
- Materials are hand and machine washable
- The ventilation could be better for hotter weather – you might want to be careful with it for hot weather
- Could do with a waist strap
- Slightly expensive for a dog backpack carrier, but it’s worth it
k9 Sport Sack AIR: Buyer’s Guide
Which Dogs, and What Activities Is The k9 Sport Sack AIR For?
It’s for dogs from 10 up to 23 inches from their collar to the base of their tail, that weigh 30 lbs or less.
You can use it for light outside activities such as walking, biking and hiking, or just for carrying your dog around.
What Size k9 Sport Sack AIR To Get?
Measure from your dog’s collar on their neck to the base of their tail. Sizing is as follows:
- Extra-Small: 10-13 inches from collar to base of tail
- Small: 14-17 inches from collar to base of tail
- Medium: 17-20 inches from collar to base of tail
- Large: 20-23 inches from collar to base of tail
TheDailyShep.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc., or its affiliates.
Additionally, TheDailyShep.com participates in various other affiliate programs, and we sometimes get a commission through purchases made through our links.
TheDailyShep.com are not veterinarians, or animal professionals/experts. Information provided is for informational purposes only – it is not a substitute for professional or qualified advice.
The information is based on either our own thorough research, and/or own experiences, as a means of free speech.
By consuming this information, you accept that TheDailyShep.com do not have client or patient relationship with you, and TheDailyShep.com are not advising you to act on anything you read.
You should always consult your own veterinarian, animal expert, or health care professional and follow their advice before making decisions on all matters.
You can find our full set of disclaimers and T & C’s in the footer of this site
Enjoy your reading, and thank you for being here