When it comes to carpet cleaner machines for the home, and general messes and pet messes and odors, there’s several brands and models to choose from.
Two of these brands are HOOVER and Rug Doctor, and we’ve put together a guide of a few of their more popular models.
In this HOOVER Power Scrub Elite vs Rug Doctor Deep Carpet Cleaner Comparison Guide, we’ve listed the main differences and similarities so you can get a good idea of which one might be best for you.
Let’s take a look at them!
(NOTE: this is a general information guide only, and is not professional advice, or a substitute for professional advice. A qualified vet or animal expert is the only person qualified to give you expert advice in regards to your pet/s)
HOOVER Power Scrub Elite vs Rug Doctor Deep Carpet Cleaner: Comparison Guide
If you prefer, you can go straight to viewing the cleaners here:
HOOVER Power Scrub Elite vs Rug Doctor Deep Carpet Cleaner: Which One To Get?
In our opinion, both cleaners perform really well on carpet and above floor level on upholstery for example.
Get the HOOVER if you want a lighter weight more upright cleaner, which presents very good value for money. It actually has a bigger water tank than the Rug Doctor too.
Get the Rug Doctor if you want the heavier duty cleaner in terms of scrubbing and suction.
HOOVER Power Scrub Elite vs Rug Doctor Deep Carpet Cleaner: Differences
- The Elite weighs 18.5 lbs and the Rug Doctor is 25lbs
- The Elite has a 1.25 gallon water tank, and the Rug Doctor has 1 gallon water tank
- The Elite works with a 360 Spinbrush, whereas the Rug Doctor works with a 12 Row Dual Cross Action Brushe
- The Rug Doctor is designed to have 75 percent more suction than comparable machines
- The Rug Doctor is CRI (Carpet + Rug Institute) rated Gold for Best in Class Cleaning Performance
- The Rug Doctor has a Super Boost Spray option, whilst the Elite has both Quick Clean and Deep Clean modes
- The Elite has Heatforce for drying, while the Rug Doctor doesn’t
HOOVER Power Scrub Elite vs Rug Doctor Deep Carpet Cleaner: Similarities
- Both are corded cleaners
- Both can be used on carpets and upholstery
- Both can be used on general mess and pet mess
- Both have a 2 year limited warranty
- Both have a 12 inch wide cleaning path
- Both come with a cleaning hose and cleaning tools/attachments to attach to the hose
- Both have side/edge brush cleaning
HOOVER Power Scrub Elite vs Rug Doctor Deep Carpet Cleaner: Reviews
TheDailyShep.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc., or its affiliates.
Additionally, TheDailyShep.com participates in various other affiliate programs, and we sometimes get a commission through purchases made through our links.
TheDailyShep.com are not veterinarians, or animal professionals/experts. Information provided is for informational purposes only – it is not a substitute for professional or qualified advice.
The information is based on either our own thorough research, and/or own experiences, as a means of free speech.
By consuming this information, you accept that TheDailyShep.com do not have client or patient relationship with you, and TheDailyShep.com are not advising you to act on anything you read.
You should always consult your own veterinarian, animal expert, or health care professional and follow their advice before making decisions on all matters.
You can find our full set of disclaimers and T & C’s in the footer of this site.
Enjoy your reading, and thank you for being here