This Evenflo Position & Lock Wood Gate Review & Buyer’s Guide should save you some time & effort in researching pet gates.
We’ve listed the main features and drawbacks of this pet/baby gate, & outlined who it might be best for – so you can consider whether it’s for you or not.
As a reminder, this gate is 23 inches tall, and fits between spaces between 26″ – 42″ wide.
There’s also an extra tall version of this gate that is 32 inches tall, and fits 31-50 inch openings.
Let’s look at it in closer detail!
(NOTE: this is a general information guide only, and is not professional advice, or a substitute for professional advice. A qualified vet or animal expert is the only person qualified to give you expert advice in regards to your pet/s)
Evenflo Position & Lock Wood Gate: Review & Buyer’s Guide
If you prefer, you can go straight to viewing this pet gate here:
Evenflo Position & Lock Wood Gate (on Amazon) – 23 inches tall, and fits between spaces between 26″ – 42″ wide.
Evenflo Extra Tall Position & Lock Wood Gate (on Amazon) – 32 inches tall, and fits 31-50 inch openings.
Evenflo Position & Lock Wood Gate: Review
- A fixed one panel gate that is very cheap and affordable
- Intended for use at bottom of stairs, hallways, and most standard-width doorways
- Comes in 4 different colors
- Easy to install and remove – simply pressure mount it, and then release the pressure mounts to remove it
- Made of plastic and wood
- Is 23 inches tall, and fits openings between 26 to 42 inches wide
- Comes with a locking bar
- Comes with rubber bumpers to stop the gate marking walls
- For children 6 to 24 months old
- Not for use at the top of stairs
- Not very tall
- Lacks strength and sturdiness – material feel lightweight but weaker than other gates
- Locking bar could be stronger
- Overall, if you want a super cheap gate that you are OK with not being super strong or very tall, this Evenflo is worth your consideration.
Evenflo Position & Lock Wood Gate: Buyer’s Guide
Who Might The Evenflo Position & Lock Wood Gate Be For?
- People wanting a cheap pet gate
- People with openings 26 to 42 inches wide
- People with children 6 to 24 months old
- People OK with a pet gate 23 inches tall – consider this height for your pets
Who Might The Evenflo Position & Lock Wood Gate NOT Be For?
- People wanting to use a pet/baby gate at the top of the stairs
- People wanting an opening gate pet gate
- People wanting a tall pet gate
- People wanting a strong and durable pet gate
- People with openings outside the range of 26 to 42 inches wide
- People with children younger than 6 months, and older than 24 months
A Few Things To Be Aware Of When Buying A Pet/Baby Gate
- Make sure you measure the size of the opening you want to install the gate into, and check what size opening the gate is suitable for
- Make sure the gate is tall enough for pets you want to keep contained
- Check the age of child the gate is designed for
- Check if the gate meets any safety regulations and standards
TheDailyShep.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc., or its affiliates.
Additionally, TheDailyShep.com participates in various other affiliate programs, and we sometimes get a commission through purchases made through our links.
TheDailyShep.com are not veterinarians, or animal professionals/experts. Information provided is for informational purposes only – it is not a substitute for professional or qualified advice.
The information is based on either our own thorough research, and/or own experiences, as a means of free speech.
By consuming this information, you accept that TheDailyShep.com do not have client or patient relationship with you, and TheDailyShep.com are not advising you to act on anything you read.
You should always consult your own veterinarian, animal expert, or health care professional and follow their advice before making decisions on all matters.
You can find our full set of disclaimers and T & C’s in the footer of this site.
Enjoy your reading, and thank you for being here