This Dreambaby Chelsea Extra Tall and Wide Gate Review & Buyer’s Guide should save you some time & effort in researching pet gates.
We’ve listed the main features and drawbacks of this gate, & outlined who it might be best for – so you can consider whether it’s for you or not.
As a reminder, this gate is 40 inches tall, fits openings 38-53 inches wide, or up to 198.5 inches wide with optional extensions sold separately. There are also other sizes available with different widths.
There’s also a regular size version of this gate that is 29.5 inches tall.
Let’s look at it in closer detail!
(NOTE: this is a general information guide only, and is not professional advice, or a substitute for professional advice. A qualified vet or animal expert is the only person qualified to give you expert advice in regards to your pet/s)
Dreambaby Chelsea Extra Tall and Wide Gate: Review & Buyer’s Guide
If you prefer, you can go straight to viewing this gate here:
Dreambaby Chelsea Extra Tall and Wide Gate (on Amazon) – 40 inches tall, fits openings 38-53 inches wide, or up to 198.5 inches wide with optional extensions sold separately.
Dreambaby Chelsea Regular Height, Wide Gate (on Amazon) – 29.5 inches tall
Dreambaby Chelsea Extra Tall and Wide Gate: Review
- Comes in 5 different sizes
- The larges size is 40 inches tall
- Fits openings 38-53 inches wide, or up to 198.5 inches wide with optional extensions sold separately
- Is a pressure mounted gate but includes hardware for hardware mounting
- Has an opening door in the gate you can walk through that automatically closes
- Gate is made of steel construction
- Is a dual lock door
- Good for both babies and pets up to large dogs
- Door has a Smart Stay-Open feature, that allows the door to stay open until you close it again
- Gate is top of stair approved when used with mounting hardware
- Gate is JPMA Certified
- The only minor concern about this gate is that if you use it on the top of the stairs, it has a bar that runs along the bottom of the gate that may be a tripping hazard for some
- Overall a well functioning, well built pet and baby gate that is worth the money you pay for it
Dreambaby Chelsea Extra Tall and Wide Gate: Buyer’s Guide
Who Might The Dreambaby Chelsea Extra Tall and Wide Gate Be For?
- People looking for a 40 inch tall pet and baby gate
- People looking for a gate that fits openings 38-53 inches wide, or up to 198.5 inches wide with optional extensions sold separately
- People looking for a pet and baby gate with a walk through gate
- People looking for a gate that can both be pressure mounted and hardware mounted
- People who want a pet gate that comes in various sizes and widths
Who Might The Dreambaby Chelsea Extra Tall and Wide Gate NOT Be For?
- People who want a gate for spaces outside the range of 38-53 inches, or up to 198.5 inches
- People who want a gate taller than 40 inches tall
A Few Things To Be Aware Of When Buying A Pet/Baby Gate
- Make sure you measure the size of the opening you want to install the gate into, and check what size opening the gate is suitable for
- Make sure the gate is tall enough for pets you want to keep contained
- Check the age of child the gate is designed for
- Check if the gate meets any safety regulations and standards
TheDailyShep.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc., or its affiliates.
Additionally, TheDailyShep.com participates in various other affiliate programs, and we sometimes get a commission through purchases made through our links.
TheDailyShep.com are not veterinarians, or animal professionals/experts. Information provided is for informational purposes only – it is not a substitute for professional or qualified advice.
The information is based on either our own thorough research, and/or own experiences, as a means of free speech.
By consuming this information, you accept that TheDailyShep.com do not have client or patient relationship with you, and TheDailyShep.com are not advising you to act on anything you read.
You should always consult your own veterinarian, animal expert, or health care professional and follow their advice before making decisions on all matters.
You can find our full set of disclaimers and T & C’s in the footer of this site.
Enjoy your reading, and thank you for being here