Dog nose butter is usually used for dry or cracked skin on a dog’s nose.
The aim is to add moisture to and help heal the skin by replenishing it with the moisture and minerals.
There is one particular brand, the Blissful Dog, that brands their product as ‘Nose Butter’, and we have taken a look at their range in this guide, complete with a Blissful Dog Nose Butter Review.
It’s worth noting that if dog nose butter isn’t quite what you are after, it’s worth looking at some dog nose balm or wax options, as they perform a similar function, with some being USDA organically certified.
(NOTE: this is a general information guide only, and is not professional advice, or a substitute for professional advice. A qualified vet or animal expert is the only person qualified to give you expert advice in regards to your pet/s)
Dog Nose Butter: What To Know, & Best Options
Our top pick for the best dog nose butter is:
Other options might include:
- Pawstruck Ruff Relief Balm for Dogs (on Amazon) – balm
- Dermoscent BioBalm Skin Repairing Dog Balm (on Chewy) – 100% natural
- 4 Legger Certified Organic Nose and Paw Pad Healing Balm (on Amazon) – balm
What Is Dog Nose Butter?
Dog nose butter, as mentioned in the introduction, is a term that has been established by the Blissful Dog, for dog nose skin products.
It’s worth noting that they label their butters for a range of breeds like Bulldogs, Boxers, White Boxers, Brindle Boxers, French Bulldogs, Labrador Retrievers, Pugs, German Shepherds, Old English Bulldogs, Cocker Spaniels, Chihuahua’s and more.
They also have general labels such as just a nose, mixed breed & 3 cute puppies.
The ingredients are the same no matter the label though – it’s just a cute way of giving you a personalised/customised container.
What Is Dog Nose Butter Used For?
Nose butter is used to moisturise, revive and soften your dog’s nose.
It contains natural butters and oils which help do this.
It’s particularly for dogs with dry or crusty noses, or noses with hyperkeratosis.
How Is Dog Nose Butter Generally Applied?
You generally apply nose butter by dabbing some on the affected area of the nose and spreading it evenly until absorbed into the skin.
Best Dog Nose Butter – Blissful Dog Nose Butter Review
Your vet is the best person to confirm whether a new product is OK for your dog’s skin, but you may consider Blissful Dog Nose Butter:
Blissful Dog Nose Butter
- Good for dry noses, crusty noses and noses with hyperkeratosis
- Moisturizes your dog’s nose
- Revives and softens the nose with all natural butters and oils
- Handcrafted in the USA
- Available in different sizes – 1,2,4 and 8 ounces tins, as well as .15 ounces and .50 ounces tubes
- Available with 70 Dog Breed Labels + JUST A NOSE, Mix Breed and Three Cute Puppies – cute labels
- Easy to Apply – Dab onto your dog’s nose.
- Ingredients include – organic shea butter, organic olive oil, organic castor oil, organic castor oil, organic avocado oil, organic almond oil, organic coconut oil, organic beeswax, organic cocoa seed butter, just a dash of essential oils (Cedarwood, Cypress and Ylang Ylang)
TheDailyShep.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc., or its affiliates.
Additionally, TheDailyShep.com participates in various other affiliate programs, and we sometimes get a commission through purchases made through our links.
TheDailyShep.com are not veterinarians, or animal professionals/experts. Information provided is for informational purposes only – it is not a substitute for professional or qualified advice.
The information is based on either our own thorough research, and/or own experiences, as a means of free speech.
By consuming this information, you accept that TheDailyShep.com do not have client or patient relationship with you, and TheDailyShep.com are not advising you to act on anything you read.
You should always consult your own veterinarian, animal expert, or health care professional and follow their advice before making decisions on all matters.
You can find our full set of disclaimers and T & C’s in the footer of this site.
Enjoy your reading, and thank you for being here