There’s several types of tools that can be used to groom a pet’s nails.
In this guide, we outline those tools, along with listing which ones might be the best and why.
Let’s take a look at them.
(NOTE: this is a general information guide only, and is not professional advice, or a substitute for professional advice. A qualified vet or animal expert is the only person qualified to give you expert advice in regards to your pet/s)
Best Pet Nail Grooming Tool
Some of the top rated tools for grooming and trimming pet nails in each category are:
- Epica Professional Pet Nail Clipper (on Amazon)
- Andis Premium Dog Nail Clipper (on Chewy)
- Safari Professional Nail Trimmer for Dogs (on Chewy)
- Safari Professional Nail Trimmer (on Amazon)
- BOSHEL Dog Nail Clipper/Trimmer(on Amazon)
- Dremel 7300-PT Dog & Cat Nail Grinder Kit (on Chewy)
- Dremel 7300-PT Cordless Pet Nail Grooming Tool (on Amazon)
- Casfuy Dog Nail Grinder (on Amazon)
- Dremel PawControl Dog Nail Grinder and Trimmer 7760-PGK (on Amazon)
- Safari Diamond Dog Nail File (on Chewy)
- Coastal Pet Products/Safari Diamond Dog Nail File (on Amazon)
Best Pet Nail Grooming Tool: Reviews
Read review type guides here:
Best Pet Nail Grooming Tool: Buyer’s Guide
A Note On Pet Nail Grooming & Safety
Before attempting to groom or trim your pet’s nails – go see your pet’s vet and ask them to show you a safe way to do it, and what tools to use.
They can show you important things such as where the nerve is in your pet’s nail, and how to avoid it.
Clippers vs Grinders vs Files – Which To Use?
- Clippers use a scissors like motion and cut straight through the nail.
- Grinders grind or sand the nail as opposed to cutting it.
- Files gradually file the nail down.
- An advantage to using clippers is that there isn’t the noise of an electric or battery operated grinder to worry about. There can be significant force required with clippers for bigger and thicker nails though
- An advantage to a grinder is that they don’t require as much impact force as a pair of clipper, and they can also round off or smooth off the nail. A disadvantage is that some pets might be slightly scared of an electric grinder or scared of the noise
- An advantage of a file is that there’s no electric grinder noise. A disadvantage is that they might not be good for anything more than rounding off a nail – as opposed to cutting or grinding off larger amounts of nail
- Generally, most owners might use a pair of manual nail clippers/trimmers, or a basic/affordable grinder with a sanding bit (on a sanding wheel) or a grinding stone
TheDailyShep.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc., or its affiliates.
Additionally, TheDailyShep.com participates in various other affiliate programs, and we sometimes get a commission through purchases made through our links.
TheDailyShep.com are not veterinarians, or animal professionals/experts. Information provided is for informational purposes only – it is not a substitute for professional or qualified advice.
The information is based on either our own thorough research, and/or own experiences, as a means of free speech.
By consuming this information, you accept that TheDailyShep.com do not have client or patient relationship with you, and TheDailyShep.com are not advising you to act on anything you read.
You should always consult your own veterinarian, animal expert, or health care professional and follow their advice before making decisions on all matters.
You can find our full set of disclaimers and T & C’s in the footer of this site
Enjoy your reading, and thank you for being here