In this helpful buyer’s guide and review, we take a look at the best mesh dog gate.
This mesh dog gate is made of a soft material, which might be a preference for you over the regular dog gate which is usually metal.
This particular mesh dog gate comes as a straight barrier without a door, so be aware of that if a walk through door is something you really want.
Let’s check out this mesh dog gate.
(NOTE: this is a general information guide only, and is not professional advice, or a substitute for professional advice. A qualified vet or animal expert is the only person qualified to give you expert advice in regards to your pet/s)
Best Mesh Dog Gate: Reviews & Buyer’s Guide
Our top pick for the best mesh dog gate is:
Evenflo Soft and Wide Gate (on Amazon) – 27 inches tall and fits open spaces between 38-60 inches wide.
Best Mesh Dog Gate: Review
Evenflo Soft and Wide Gate
- A soft gate that is pressure mounted
- Can be used in doorways, hallways, bottom of stairs, kitchens, laundry rooms, bedrooms and playrooms
- Is 27 inches tall and expands from 38-60 inches wide
- Is a neutral color to fit in with many home decors
- Has rubber bumpers to prevent the gate damaging walls
- Easy to both install and take down
- The gate itself is machine washable
- Is portable – you can pack it up and take it to another location
- Because it is a soft pet and baby gate, it isn’t as heavy duty as some other pet gates on the market that are thick metal
- Overall it is good value for money if you are looking for a lightweight, soft, portable pet and baby gate that still has the ability to block off spaces and openings
Best Mesh Dog Gate: Buyer’s Guide
Who Might The Evenflo Soft and Wide Gate Be For?
- People looking for a soft pet and baby gate
- People looking for a 27 inches tall pet and baby gate
- People looking for a pet and baby gate that expands from 38-60 inches wide
- People looking for a pressure mounted pet and baby gate
Who Might The Evenflo Soft and Wide Gate NOT Be For?
- People looking for a metal pet and baby gate
- People looking for a pet and baby gate taller than 27 inches
- People looking for a pet and baby gate that is outside the width range of 38 to 60 inches
Types Of Pet Gates
Some of the major types of pet gates to be aware of are:
- Pressure mounted pet gates
- Hardware mounted gates
- Freestanding gates
- 2 in 1, or All in one gates – might combine freestanding, pressure mounted, hardware mounted, and exercise pen capabilities
Some types of gates may also be:
- Extra tall
- Extra wide
- Be built with heavier duty materials
- + have other specific characteristics
Walk Through vs Swing Open vs Step Over Dog Gates
There’s usually 3 ways you can pass through or over a dog gate whilst still blocking your dog from passing:
- Walk Through – the dog gate has a door built in with a simple lock. You pass through the door and close/lock it when you’re through it
- Swing Open – the entire gate barrier can be lifted off the hinges mounted on the walls and swung open and shut
- Step Over – usually smaller gates for small dogs. You can completely step over these gates because of their height whilst still blocking your dog
A Few Other Things To Be Aware Of When Buying A Pet Gate
- Make sure you measure the size of the opening you want to install the gate into, and check what size opening the gate is suitable for
- Check the size of the gate door opening if it has one, and clearance of any step overs if relevant
- Make sure the gate is tall enough for pets you want to keep contained, and that your pets won’t knock it over, try to jump it, or break it
- Check the gate will be able to be secured properly and safely for your intended uses
- Check the age of child the gate is designed for (if you intend on using it for kids too)
- Check that the gate meets any relevant safety regulations and standards, and is going to be safe for the intended use in general
- Read the set up, operation and safety instructions prior to use
- Check the gate aesthetically matches in with your home
- Check if the gate is a multiple use gate
- Check if any add ons, kits or extensions come with the gate
TheDailyShep.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc., or its affiliates.
Additionally, TheDailyShep.com participates in various other affiliate programs, and we sometimes get a commission through purchases made through our links.
TheDailyShep.com are not veterinarians, or animal professionals/experts. Information provided is for informational purposes only – it is not a substitute for professional or qualified advice.
The information is based on either our own thorough research, and/or own experiences, as a means of free speech.
By consuming this information, you accept that TheDailyShep.com do not have client or patient relationship with you, and TheDailyShep.com are not advising you to act on anything you read.
You should always consult your own veterinarian, animal expert, or health care professional and follow their advice before making decisions on all matters.
You can find our full set of disclaimers and T & C’s in the footer of this site.
Enjoy your reading, and thank you for being here