When it comes to the best igloo dog house, there’s really only one brand that stands out.
Not only are their igloo dog houses popular, but they are made to last and actually perform really well in both the colder and hotter climates.
We’ve run through the things you need to be aware in a simple short guide, to find out if this is the best igloo dog house for you.
Let’s take a look!
(NOTE: this is a general informational and educational guide only. It is not professional advice. See a vet or qualified expert for professional advice).
Best Igloo Dog House: Reviews & Buyer’s Guide
In case you want to go straight to it, our pick for best igloo dog house is:
Best Igloo Dog House: Review
Petmate Indigo Dog House With Microban
The features of this dog house include:
- Designed to keep out cold, rain and snow in the winter, and to keep heat away and cool locked inside in the summer
- The hardened plastic used to make the dog house is extremely strong – it’s almost impossible to damage or break. Heavy-duty structural foam is part of the construction
- The floor is raised off the ground (good for winter), and there is a moat around the outside so liquids don’t pool inside
- A special covering/surface on the outside of the dog house called Microban, which helps fight the growth of stain and odor causing bacteria, mold and mildew
- A roof vent which helps with ventilation and all important air flow in the summer months
- Very easy to put together and set up – there are no tools required – snap together design
- An extended doorway and entry/exit from the main part of the dog house – for rain resistance & wind protection
- Made in the USA with high quality
There’s 3 sizes of this igloo dog house available:
- MEDIUM – Doorway is 13.5″ X 12.5″. Outer dimensions are 37.5 x 30.5 x 22.8 inches. Recommended for dogs that are no more than 26 inches in length and 17 inches tall.
- LARGE – Doorway is 15.5″ X 14.5″. Outer dimensions are 43.8 x 34 x 25.8 inches. Recommended for dogs that are no more than 36 inches in length and 24 inches tall.
- EXTRA LARGE – 17.3″ X 17.6″ doorway. Outer dimensions are 51.5″ X 39.3″ X 30″ inches. Recommended for dogs 42 inches in length and 31 inches tall
Note that this dog house tends to run slightly smaller than the stated sizes. It’s worth ordering a size larger than what you think you need if you think you’re in between sizes.
Best Igloo Dog House: Buyer’s Guide
What Is An Igloo Dog House?
An igloo dog house is really just a dog house that is designed in the shape of an igloo.
It has a round body to the dog house where the dog sleeps. And, it has an offset entry/exit for added wind, water and overall weather protection.
Petmate has basically made this design their own with their high quality dog houses.
What size igloo dog house do I need?
It depends on the size of your dog. Look at the size of the door opening and the internal dimensions within the dog igloo, and make sure your dog’s should height, head height and body size all fit within those dimensions.
Are There Any Similar Houses To An Igloo Dog House?
When we are talking from the perspective of a dog house designed to be well insulated and weather resistant, ASL Solutions makes a traditional box/rectangle shape dog house comparable to the Petmate Indigo.
These ASL Solutions dog houses – the DP Hunter for small dogs, and the Dog Palace for medium to large dogs – are the best insulated dog houses on the market in our opinion.
You can read more about them in these guides:
Friendly Disclaimers ?
TheDailyShep.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc., or its affiliates.
Additionally, TheDailyShep.com participates in various other affiliate programs, and we sometimes get a commission through purchases made through our links.
TheDailyShep.com are not veterinarians, or animal professionals/experts. Information provided is for informational purposes only – it is not a substitute for professional or qualified advice.
The information is based on either our own thorough research, and/or own experiences, as a means of free speech.
By consuming this information, you accept that TheDailyShep.com do not have client or patient relationship with you, and TheDailyShep.com are not advising you to act on anything you read.
You should always consult your own veterinarian, animal expert, or health care professional and follow their advice before making decisions on all matters.
You can find our full set of disclaimers and T & C’s in the footer of this site.
Enjoy your reading, and thank you for being here ?