In this guide we list some of the top flirt poles and lure toys for dogs.
We’ve also included a link to a general buyer’s guide and answers to some FAQs about dog toys.
Let’s take a look!
(NOTE: this is a general information guide only, and is not professional advice, or a substitute for professional advice. A qualified vet or animal expert is the only person qualified to give you expert advice in regards to your pet/s)
Best Flirt Poles & Lure Toys For Dogs: Top List
Some of the best flirt poles and lure toys for dogs are:
- Squishy Face Studio Flirt Pole V2 with Fleece Lure Dog Toy (on Chewy)
- Outward Hound Tail Teaser Dog Flirt Pole Toy (on Chewy)
- Squishy Face Studio Flirt Pole V2 with Braided Fleece Lure (on Amazon)
- Outward Hound Tail Teaser Dog Flirt Pole Toy (on Amazon)
Best Flirt Poles & Lure Toys For Dogs: Reviews
Squishy Face Studio Flirt Pole V2 with Braided Fleece Lure
- Improved upon compared to the original Flirt pole
- Is a flirt pole rod, with a fleece lure attached
- Can be used for exercise and training as well as mental exercise
- Can be used with dogs of most sizes
- Comes in two different lengths
- Comes in different colors
- Additional lure toys can be purchased with the rod
Outward Hound Tail Teaser Dog Flirt Pole Toy
- A flirt pole with a nylon cord
- Comes with two faux fur tail toys that squeak and rattle (these tail teaser toys mimic prey for your dogs to chase)
- Has a nylon pole with a handle that you hold
- Can be used indoors or outdoors
Best Flirt Poles & Lure Toys For Dogs: Buyer’s Guide
Who Would Get A Flirt Pole Or A Lure Toy … and, What Are They Used For?
Flirt poles and lure toys are used to get your dog to chase and try to catch the tail toy/object on the end of the lure cord.
They can be used for:
- Owners with limited mobility
- Indoor and outdoor exercise
- To tire dogs out without you having to move yourself (apart from some light walking and arm/hand movements)
- Training and obedience commands (such as release)
- To distract dogs out in public
- Dogs with a natural prey drive – can address it in a safe way
They may not be suitable though for very powerful dogs – they could catch the tail teaser object and tear it off the cord/rod.
General Buyer’s Guide & FAQ Guide For Dog Toys
- The substitution of interaction, attention and exercise for dog toys
- Different types and styles of dog toys
- Different materials commonly used in dog toys
- New, secondhand, homemade and DIY, and sustainable/eco friendly and natural dog toys
- What size dog toy to get
- How you might maintain your dog’s interest in it’s toys
- Safety considerations for dog toys
- How you might find safe dog toys (and some further information on dog toy safety)
- Other potential problems with some dog toys
- Dog toys specifically for puppies
- What to do with used dog toys
- How to wash/clean dog toys safely
TheDailyShep.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc., or its affiliates.
Additionally, TheDailyShep.com participates in various other affiliate programs, and we sometimes get a commission through purchases made through our links.
TheDailyShep.com are not veterinarians, or animal professionals/experts. Information provided is for informational purposes only – it is not a substitute for professional or qualified advice.
The information is based on either our own thorough research, and/or own experiences, as a means of free speech.
By consuming this information, you accept that TheDailyShep.com do not have client or patient relationship with you, and TheDailyShep.com are not advising you to act on anything you read.
You should always consult your own veterinarian, animal expert, or health care professional and follow their advice before making decisions on all matters.
You can find our full set of disclaimers and T & C’s in the footer of this site.
Enjoy your reading, and thank you for being here