Some people want to find a dog door that installs without having to cut their existing door.
There could be a number of reasons for this preference.
The good news is there are a few options for dog doors that require no cutting.
We’ve gone ahead and listed them for you in addition to providing reviews.
Let’s check them out!
(NOTE: this is a general information guide only, and is not professional advice, or a substitute for professional advice. A qualified vet or animal expert is the only person qualified to give you expert advice in regards to your pet/s)
Best Dog Door That Installs Without Cutting A Door
Our top picks for the best dog doors that install without cutting are:
Aluminum & Vinyl Sliding Glass Door Pet Doors
- PetSafe Freedom Patio Pet Doors for Sliding Doors (on Chewy)
- PetSafe Freedom Aluminium Patio Panel Sliding Glass Door Pet Door (on Amazon) – for aluminum sliding glass doors. Largest model flap opening size is 10 inches wide x 16 inches high, with an 8 inch rise below, for pets up to around 130lbs
- Ideal Pet Products Aluminum Modular Pet Patio Doors (on Chewy)
- PetSafe Sliding Glass Pet Door, Aluminum (on Chewy)
- Ideal Pet Products Vinyl Sliding Glass Door Pet Door (on Amazon) – for vinyl sliding glass doors. Extra Large flap opening size is 10.25 inches wide x 15.75 inches high, for pets up to around 120lbs
Aluminum Window Sash Pet Doors
- Ideal Pet Products Aluminum Sash Window Pet Door (on Amazon) – for window sashes. Biggest size has a 10.5 x 15 inch flap opening, for pets up to around 120lbs
Other than the above options, another potential option is a magnetic screen door.
Dog Door That Installs Without Cutting: Reviews
Dog Door That Installs Without Cutting: Buyer’s Guide
Advantages Of Dog Doors That Don’t Require Cutting
Easy to install
Easy to remove
Won’t leave your door with a hole in it
How To Install A Dog Door Without Cutting
The dog door manufacturer should tell you how to install the dog door and give you detailed instruction and a manual/guide on how do so.
They may have videos available as well that tell you how to install their product.
For sliding doors, you usually fit the dog door between the top and bottom track, fix it in place, seal it with weatherstrips and make sure the existing sliding door can lock into it for security.
Window sash dog doors are similar whereby you simply secure the door into the existing sash without cutting.
Other Dog Doors
You can check out the best dog doors across different dog door types in this guide.
We also include information such as how to pick the right size dog door, and how to install a dog door.
TheDailyShep.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc., or its affiliates.
Additionally, TheDailyShep.com participates in various other affiliate programs, and we sometimes get a commission through purchases made through our links.
TheDailyShep.com are not veterinarians, or animal professionals/experts. Information provided is for informational purposes only – it is not a substitute for professional or qualified advice.
The information is based on either our own thorough research, and/or own experiences, as a means of free speech.
By consuming this information, you accept that TheDailyShep.com do not have client or patient relationship with you, and TheDailyShep.com are not advising you to act on anything you read.
You should always consult your own veterinarian, animal expert, or health care professional and follow their advice before making decisions on all matters.
You can find our full set of disclaimers and T & C’s in the footer of this site.
Enjoy your reading, and thank you for being here