The best crate covers should be affordable and made to fit a range of crate sizes.
The crate covers we outline in this guide fit from between 19 inches to 48 inches, so there’s almost certainly a crate cover to fit the crate you have or want to buy.
Covers overall are great for privacy, security and comfort, for both your dog mentally, and to protect them from outside elements such as water and weather.
Let’s take a look at them!
Best Dog Crate Covers: Reviews & Buyer’s Guide
Our top picks for the best dog crate covers are:
Precision Pet Indoor/Outdoor Crate Cover (on Amazon) – sizes for most 19 to 48 inch crates
MidWest Polyester Crate Cover (on Amazon) – sizes for most 22 to 48 inch crates
Petsfit Polyester Crate Cover (on Amazon) – sizes for most 30 to 42 inch crates
Best Dog Crate Covers: Reviews
Precision Pet Indoor/Outdoor Crate Cover
- Crate cover that is made of a canvas fabric and has sizes for most 19 to 48 inch crates
- The fabric is water resistant and has double stitching for extra strength
- The cover has zippers that allow you to easily put the cover on and take it off the crate
- The cover is machine washable
- It has flaps on the sides that act as roller shades with mesh for ventilation
- It also has a rollback flap on the front to allow the door on the crate to open up
- Covers come in 6 different sizes. X Small is for 19 inch crates, Small is 24 inch, Medium is 30 inch, Medium/Large is 36 inch, Large is for 42 inch, Jumbo is 48 inch
- Comes in 2 colors – tan and navy
MidWest Polyester Crate Cover
- A very cheap/affordable crate cover
- A polyester or cotton material crate covers that has sizes for most 22 to 48 inch crates
- The sizes available are 22 inch, 24 inch, 30 inch, 36 inch, 42 inch and 48 inch
- Has 4 colors – black, brown, camo and grey
- Designed for iCrate & Life Stages specifically, but should fit most crates
- The cover allows access for 1, 2 and 3 door crates, but doesn’t allow access through the top of the crate
- Cover is machine washable
- It comes with hook and loop tabs and velcro tabs to hold the cover in place on the crate
- The material on this cover is kind of thin, and that’s probably why it’s a cheaper cover
Petsfit Polyester Crate Cover
- A polyester crate cover (made from oxford cloth) with crate cover sizes for most 30 to 42 inch crates. There’s a 30 inch, 36 inch and 42 inch size
- The 42 inch crate cover for example is for 42L x 28W x 30H Inches crates
- Comes in 2 different colors – grey and black. Grey is for double door crates, and black is for single door crates
- The cover has two entrance flaps, mesh side windows and a top opening
- There’s also a back zipper
Best Dog Crate Covers: Buyer’s Guide
What Size Crate Cover To Get For Your Crate?
Check two things:
- What type and size of crate the crate cover manufacturer says the cover is made for
- Check the dimensions of the cover and make sure it fits the crate. For example, the 42 inch Precision Pet Crate Cover measures 42.5 x 28 x 30 inches and should fit most 42 inch crates
Also check the type of dog crate, like a metal wire crate for example, that the cover will fit.
TheDailyShep.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc., or its affiliates.
Additionally, TheDailyShep.com participates in various other affiliate programs, and we sometimes get a commission through purchases made through our links.
TheDailyShep.com are not veterinarians, or animal professionals/experts. Information provided is for informational purposes only – it is not a substitute for professional or qualified advice.
The information is based on either our own thorough research, and/or own experiences, as a means of free speech.
By consuming this information, you accept that TheDailyShep.com do not have client or patient relationship with you, and TheDailyShep.com are not advising you to act on anything you read.
You should always consult your own veterinarian, animal expert, or health care professional and follow their advice before making decisions on all matters.
You can find our full set of disclaimers and T & C’s in the footer of this site.
Enjoy your reading, and thank you for being here