The best dog carrier with wheels should be strong, but very easy to transport and manoeuvre around.
Trips to the vet, walking the streets and airline flights can all be made easier with a dog carrier than can be rolled around behind you.
We’ve found some of the most carriers that are suitable for either general transportation, or for airline flights.
Let’s check them out!
(NOTE: if you are flying, check the airline in cabin regulations before flying to make sure your carrier meets regulations)
Best Dog Carrier With Wheels: Reviews & Buyer’s Guide
Our top picks for the best dog carrier with wheels are:
Petsfit Pet Carrier (on Amazon) – Largest size is 26″Lx14W”x14H”. Small and medium should fit under plane seats
Snoozer Wheel Around Travel Pet Carrier (on Amazon) – for pets up to around 15 lbs. Large size won’t fit under plane seats
Tutto Large Pet on Wheels Stroller (on Amazon) – for pets up to 25lbs
Sherpa on Wheels Pet Carrier (on Amazon) – large measures 21” L x 12.25” W x 10.5” H, for pets up to 22 pounds. Medium size is approved for most major airlines
Carrier With Wheels/Backpack
Pet Gear I-GO2 Sport Roller Backpack (on Amazon) – XL measures up to 16″L x 13.5″W x 22″H. A roller carrier that doubles as a dog backpack – can be used as a carrier, backpack, tote, car seat, or roller bag.
Plastic Pet Carrier Dog Crate With Wheels
Sport Pet Designs Rolling Plastic Dog Crate (on Amazon) – plastic dog crate carrier with wheels
Best Dog Carrier With Wheels: Reviews
Petsfit Pet Carrier
- A pet carrier with wheels not designed to fit under airline seats
- Pull and push handle extends to 34.5″
- The carrier itself is foldable and easily comes away from the wheel base
- Comes in 2 sizes
- Larger size is 26″Lx14W”x14H”
- Comes in different colors
- Weight capacity of this carrier is 28lbs
- Two zippered openings
- Good for small dogs
- Overall a pretty good carrier with no major drawbacks
Snoozer Wheel Around Travel Pet Carrier
- A rolling pet carrier, backpack, bed and car seat all in one.
- For pets up to 21-pounds
- Comes in 3 sizes from Small to Large
- The interior dimensions of the large carrier are 12”H x 14”W x 7”L, and the outer dimensions are 23″ H x 15.5″ W x 12.25″D
- Comes in different colors
- Although it is supposed to be for dogs up to 21 lbs, it runs a little smaller. More for dogs up to around 16-17lbs
- The carrier body is quite strong, but for the price, the straps, wheels, handles and zippers could be stronger and better quality
Tutto Large Pet on Wheels Stroller
- A rolling carrier with wheels for pets up to 25 lbs
- The soft carrier comes in a strong fibreglass cage for protection
- Folds flat for storage and portability
- Has 3 zippered entrances,
- Has a roll down privacy flap,
- Has washable internal padding and comfort fleece
- The carrier seems to run small – more for pets in the 15 to 20 lbs range than 25 lbs
Sherpa on Wheels Pet Carrier
- A pet carrier that comes with 4 wheels to pull around
- Has mesh panels for ventilation on the top and side of the bag
- Has roll up flaps on three sides of the carrier
- Has an adjustable shoulder strap that doubles as a pull handle
- Has an accessory holder pocket
- Comes in 2 sizes – medium and large
- Large measures 21” L x 12.25” W x 10.5” H, and is for pets up to 22 pounds
- Medium is approved on most major airlines
- Large is not for most major airlines
- Carrier is quite soft – it doesn’t have alot of support to stop it from collapsing and staying firm
Pet Gear I-GO2 Sport Roller Backpack
- A roller carrier that doubles as a dog backpack – carrier, backpack, tote, car seat, or roller bag.
- Comes in several sizes
- Extra large plus size is 16″L x 13.5″W x 22″H
- Has an internal fleece pad
- Has an included tether that can be attached to your pet’s harness
- Has a telescoping handle to help you pull the carrier
- Comes in different colors
- Has a storage pocket
- The base of the carrier when used as a backpack could use with more padding
Sport Pet Designs Rolling Plastic Dog Crate
Best Dog Carrier With Wheels: Buyer’s Guide
What Is A Dog Carrier With Wheels?
Dog Carriers with wheels are carriers that have either two or four wheels, and usually have an extendable handle that allows you to roll and pull the carrier behind you.
They are in comparison to the more popular dog carrier bags that you carry with a carry handle or a shoulder strap.
Can I Take My Dog Carrier With Wheels On The Airplane?
You will need to check the in cabin regulations of the airline you fly with – contact them or check their website. However, common in cabin regulations are:
- To make sure the carrier meets under seat dimensions
- Carrier provides adequate ventilation
- Carrier is leak-proof
- Carrier safely encloses the pet
What Size Pet Carrier With Wheels Do You Get For Your Dog?
Measure their length and height – LENGTH: neck to base of tail, and HEIGHT: floor to top of shoulder.
Make sure your dog has 2-4 inches length, height and width inside the carrier so they can stand up, turn around and lay down comfortably in the carrier.
Also, consider any weight capacity of the pet carrier.
TheDailyShep.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc., or its affiliates.
Additionally, TheDailyShep.com participates in various other affiliate programs, and we sometimes get a commission through purchases made through our links.
TheDailyShep.com are not veterinarians, or animal professionals/experts. Information provided is for informational purposes only – it is not a substitute for professional or qualified advice.
The information is based on either our own thorough research, and/or own experiences, as a means of free speech.
By consuming this information, you accept that TheDailyShep.com do not have client or patient relationship with you, and TheDailyShep.com are not advising you to act on anything you read.
You should always consult your own veterinarian, animal expert, or health care professional and follow their advice before making decisions on all matters.
You can find our full set of disclaimers and T & C’s in the footer of this site.
Enjoy your reading, and thank you for being here