In this guide we list some of the top ball toys and ball launchers for dogs.
We’ve also included a link to a general buyer’s guide and answers to some FAQs about dog toys.
Let’s take a look!
(NOTE: this is a general information guide only, and is not professional advice, or a substitute for professional advice. A qualified vet or animal expert is the only person qualified to give you expert advice in regards to your pet/s)
Best Dog Ball Toys & Ball Launchers For Dogs: Top Rated List
Some of the top rated dog ball toys and ball launchers are:
- Chuckit! Ultra Ball (on Amazon)
- Chuckit! Whistler Ball (on Amazon)
- KONG Extreme Ball Dog Toy (on Amazon) (small, and medium/large sizes available)
- West Paw Design Jive Zogoflex Durable Ball Dog Chew Toy (on Amazon)
- Chuckit! Ultra Squeaker Ball (on Amazon)
- Chuckit! Kick Fetch Toy Ball (on Amazon)
- KONG Stuff-A-Ball Dog Toy (on Amazon)
- Tennis balls – new and second hand
- Sports balls like footballs, soccer balls, and basketballs (inflated, or semi deflated) – some bigger dogs like playing with them and chewing on them
Best Dog Ball Toys & Ball Launchers For Dogs: Reviews
Chuckit! Ultra Ball
- A colorful ball dog toy
- Comes in many different sizes for different sized dogs
- Has a squeaker insider and is designed to bounce high
- Can be paired with a Chuckit! ball launcher for fetch
- Has a thick rubber core – making it OK for some chewers
- Comes as a 2 pack
Chuckit! Whistler Ball
- A ball that whistles when it is thrown
- Can be used for fetch
- Is compatible with the Chuckit! launcher
- Bounces high
- Comes as a 2 pack
KONG Extreme Ball Dog Toy
- Made from KONG’s Extreme black rubber formula
- Made for durability and power chewing dogs – also made to be puncture resistant
- Good for fetch and exercise games
- Ball has some bounce to it
- Available in a small, and medium/large size for different sized dogs
- *Medium/large is currently for dogs 15 to 65lbs – check sizing at time of purchase
- *Small is currently for dogs up to 20lbs – check sizing at time of purchase
- Made in the USA with globally sourced materials
West Paw Design Jive Zogoflex Durable Ball Dog Toy
- A ball dog toy made to be durable
- Several different sizes and colors available
- Fits into a standard ball thrower/launcher
- Floats, bounces, is dishwasher safe, and is recyclable
- Is from West Paw’s ‘Chew’ range, as opposed to the play and puzzle ranges
- Is FDA compliant
- Made in the USA (West Paw Design is a small manufacturer of products made in Bozeman, Montana)
- West Paw is a certified B Corporation
Chuckit! Ultra Squeaker Ball
- A squeaker ball
- Compatible with the Chuckit! launcher
- Has a durable design, and a high bounce
Chuckit! Kick Fetch Toy Ball
- A ball with a grooved design – can be thrown or kicked/punted
- Floats in the water
- Has a high visibility color
- Durable design
- 2 sizes available
KONG Stuff-A-Ball Dog Toy
- A bright red 2 in 1 dog toy – a ball toy, and also a toy that you can stuff with food or treats to make it more enticing
- Made with KONG’s red rubber formula for moderate chewers (not power chewers)
- Ball can bounce, and can be thrown for your dog to chase
- Comes in 3 different sizes
- Made in the USA, with globally sourced materials
Both new and second hand tennis balls.
Although make sure they don’t come with glue that can be chewed off and swallowed by your dog.
Like footballs, soccer balls, and basketballs (inflated, or semi deflated). Some bigger dogs like playing with them and chewing on them.
Chuckit! Sport Launcher Dog Ball Thrower, Or The Chuckit! Pro Launcher
- These launchers are designed to work with Chuckit! balls, but also standard tennis balls
- You can grip the ball with the launcher and throw it for your dog
- Make sure you get a launcher that is compatible with the size of Chuckit! ball you have (there’s a sizing chart available for Chuckit!)
Best Dog Ball Toys & Ball Launchers For Dogs: Buyer’s Guide
What Dog Ball Size To Get, & Safety Considerations When Using Dog Ball Toys
Make sure you get a ball that your dog can handle in it’s mouth, but make sure the ball isn’t small enough for your dog to swallow and choke on.
Generally, manufacturers should have sizing charts for you so you know what size ball to buy for your breed.
It also helps if the ball is free of synthetic and toxic materials, chemicals and glues.
General Buyer’s Guide & FAQ Guide For Dog Toys
- The substitution of interaction, attention and exercise for dog toys
- Different types and styles of dog toys
- Different materials commonly used in dog toys
- New, secondhand, homemade and DIY, and sustainable/eco friendly and natural dog toys
- What size dog toy to get
- How you might maintain your dog’s interest in it’s toys
- Safety considerations for dog toys
- How you might find safe dog toys (and some further information on dog toy safety)
- Other potential problems with some dog toys
- Dog toys specifically for puppies
- What to do with used dog toys
- How to wash/clean dog toys safely
TheDailyShep.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc., or its affiliates.
Additionally, TheDailyShep.com participates in various other affiliate programs, and we sometimes get a commission through purchases made through our links.
TheDailyShep.com are not veterinarians, or animal professionals/experts. Information provided is for informational purposes only – it is not a substitute for professional or qualified advice.
The information is based on either our own thorough research, and/or own experiences, as a means of free speech.
By consuming this information, you accept that TheDailyShep.com do not have client or patient relationship with you, and TheDailyShep.com are not advising you to act on anything you read.
You should always consult your own veterinarian, animal expert, or health care professional and follow their advice before making decisions on all matters.
You can find our full set of disclaimers and T & C’s in the footer of this site.
Enjoy your reading, and thank you for being here