The Andis Super AG2 2-Speed Detachable Blade Clipper is a corded animal clipper.
The two speeds, 3400 and 4400 strokes per minute, means that you can perform both general grooming and heavier grooming with the clippers.
They also have detachable blades, meaning you can use Andis detachable blades or Oster A5 blades with it.
In this Andis Super AG2 2-Speed Detachable Blade Clipper Review we list some of the other main features and potential drawbacks to this set of animal clippers in case you are researching or thinking of buying.
Let’s check them out!
(NOTE: this is a general information guide only, and is not professional advice, or a substitute for professional advice. A qualified vet or animal expert is the only person qualified to give you expert advice in regards to your pet/s)
Andis Super AG2 2-Speed Detachable Blade Clipper: Review & Buyer’s Guide
If you prefer, you can go straight to viewing the Andis Super AG2 2-Speed Detachable Blade Clipper here:
Andis Super AG2 2-Speed Detachable Blade Clipper (on Amazon) – Comes with a #10 UltraEdge Andis detachable blade
Common extras/accessories you might consider with this Andis clipper unit are:
- Andis 7FC CeramicEdge Carbon-Infused Steel Pet Clipper Blade (on Amazon) – for very matted, or very thick hair
- Andis Cool Care Plus Clipper Blade Cleaner (on Amazon) – acts as a coolant, disinfectant, lubricant and cleaner
- Andis Blade Care Plus Dip Jar, 16 oz (on Amazon) – cools, deodorizes, lubricates, cleans, prevents rust and decontaminates blades
- Andis Pet Clipper Comb Set (on Amazon) – plastic combs you clip onto the blade
Andis Super AG2 2-Speed Detachable Blade Clipper: Review
- A corded animal clipper designed for both general grooming and heavy coat grooming
- Has two speeds – 3400, and 4400 strokes per minute
- Made of shatter proof clipper housing
- Has an ON lock switch
- Has a 4 x 4 blade drive for 25% more blade torque
- Provides a squarer and wider grip than other clippers
- The clipper weighs 1.10 lbs., and is 7.13 inches in length
- Has a 120V | 60Hz Rotary motor
- Has a 14 foot power cord
- Compatible with Andis detachable blades, and Oster A5 detachable blades
- Comes with a #10 UltraEdge Andis detachable blade
- You have to buy extra blades separately
- These clippers are some of the better clippers on the market for both lighter and heavier grooming. They are certainly worth the money. The Andis AGC2 UltraEdge Super 2-Speed Pet Clippers are an alternative to these clippers if you to look at another popular 2 speed clipper
Andis Super AG2 2-Speed Detachable Blade Clipper: Buyer’s Guide
Who Might The Andis Super AG2 2-Speed Detachable Blade Clipper Be For?
- Those looking for a corded pet clipper
- Those looking for a two speed pet clipper
- Those looking for a pet clipper with detachable blades
- Those who want a clipper that is squarer and provides a wider grip
- Those who want to do both general grooming and heavier duty grooming
Who Might The Andis Super AG2 2-Speed Detachable Blade Clipper NOT Be For?
- Those looking for a clipper with more than 2 speeds
- Those looking for a cordless animal clipper
- Those looking for a cheap clipper
Where To Read More About Andis UltraEdge & CeramicEdge Blades?
You can read these guides:
Where To Find More Information On What Blades To Use On What Dogs?
If you Google ‘Andis Grooming Chart’, Andis has a PDF you can check out that suggests the different blades to use for each breed, or dogs in general.
For specific breeds, you might groom in a specific style.
Google ‘Andis Poodle Grooming Guide’ for a poodle grooming guide and you can find blade selection tips for different styles like Sporting, Puppy, Miami, Bichon etc.
Do the same thing and replace ‘poodle’ with the name of the breed you want to groom to find their relevant guides.
TheDailyShep.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc., or its affiliates.
Additionally, TheDailyShep.com participates in various other affiliate programs, and we sometimes get a commission through purchases made through our links.
TheDailyShep.com are not veterinarians, or animal professionals/experts. Information provided is for informational purposes only – it is not a substitute for professional or qualified advice.
The information is based on either our own thorough research, and/or own experiences, as a means of free speech.
By consuming this information, you accept that TheDailyShep.com do not have client or patient relationship with you, and TheDailyShep.com are not advising you to act on anything you read.
You should always consult your own veterinarian, animal expert, or health care professional and follow their advice before making decisions on all matters.
You can find our full set of disclaimers and T & C’s in the footer of this site.
Enjoy your reading, and thank you for being here